|From||"Adriene Dickerson" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Fri, 13 Oct 2017 09:05:38 -0400|
SSAI is seeking a qualified professional to support the Global Modeling and Assimilation Office of the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in a modeling study of hydroclimate extremes. The successful applicant must have a strong background in atmospheric science (including a good understanding of the atmospheric and oceanic processes that cause climate extremes in the continental US) and must have a mixture of programming and scientific skills sufficient to perform, analyze and evaluate General Circulation Model (GCM) experiments. Duties will include analyzing observations and reanalyses to study causes and mechanisms of droughts in the continental US, performing and analyzing extensive NASA GEOS-5 GCM simulations to investigate atmospheric and oceanic processes that cause US regional droughts and the impact of model biases on the simulations, evaluating predictive skill of US regional droughts in current subseasonal and seasonal coupled forecasting systems, and development of visualizations for presentation and publication.
· M.S. in atmospheric science with 2-3 years of research experience (Recent PhD in atmospheric science desired)
· Familiarity with reanalyses and various station and satellite-based observational data products
· Experience with performing and evaluating GCM runs using observations and reanalyses
· Ability to process large data sets, experience with performing various statistical analyses
· Strong programming and scripting skills and a proficiency in FORTRAN, Matlab, or IDL in a UNIX environment
· Experience with designing, performing and analyzing GCM experiments to study US regional droughts and associated atmospheric and oceanic processes and characteristics, including regional Sea Surface Temperature (SST) anomalies and atmospheric internal variability a plus
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to coordinate and complete multiple projects
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to contribute, as a co-author or lead author, to presentations and journal articles
Locations Available: Langley Research Center in Hampton, VA
Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD
Click here to apply!
Adriene Dickerson, PHR, SHRM-CP
HR Generalist/Technical Recruiter
Science Systems and Applications, Inc.
Science and Technology with Passion
10210 Greenbelt Road, Suite 600
Lanham, MD 20706
EEO/AA – M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Please be mindful about forwarding this e-mail; it may contain confidential information that is not intended for anyone else. Thank you.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.