|From||Hamidreza Norouzi <HNorouzi@citytech.cuny.edu>|
|Date||Sun, 10 Sep 2017 00:45:10 +0000|
Postdoctoral Scholar, Passive and Active Passive Microwave Remote Sensing , The City University of New York
A postdoctoral scholar position is available at the City University of New York, New York City College of Technology, in the field of microwave remote sensing. The successful candidate will conduct analysis of satellite remote sensing to work on detection of Freeze/thaw states and Land Surface Temperature on an Army Research Office (ARO) and a NASA-funded projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Experience working with passive and active microwave data, infrared based measurements, Landsat, or Sentinel is desired.
- Knowledge of Radiative Transfer Models is desired.
- The prospective candidate should have a strong background in using scripting languages such as Fortran, Matlab, R, ArcGIS, orPython.
- A Ph.D. in geography, earth science, engineering, or a related discipline is required.
The postdoctoral scholar is expected to collaborate with the NOAA Cooperative Remote Sensing and Technology (CREST) center at the City College of New York and team of graduate and undergraduate students.
For full consideration, please submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter that includes the names and contact info of three references until August 20th to Hamid Norouzi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The position is available immediately, and prompt starting is desired. A 12-month commitment is expected. Pending successful performance and funding availability, the position may be renewed annually for up to three years.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.