|From||Joerg Schulz <Joerg.Schulz@eumetsat.int>|
|Date||Thu, 16 Mar 2017 09:47:21 +0000|
EUMETSAT is urgently looking for a scientist to support our activities in the Horizon2020 project GAIA-CLIM (www.gaia-clim.eu) towards a Virtual Observatory for the comparison of ground-based reference data with satellite data.
The post holder will analyse comparisons of satellite data to ground-based measurements to assess its suitability to characterise the quality of satellite instrument data (Level 1 radiances) and derived geophysical products. The analysis will consider radiances in the infrared and microwave spectral range and the geophysical variables water vapour, aerosol optical depth and ozone. The analysis shall involve the comparison against other means of data quality analysis, e.g. satellite tosatellite co-locations as produced for inter-satellite calibration.
Starting date: ASAP
· University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline;
· Good understanding of satellite meteorology related to climate;
· Demonstrable experience in measurement uncertainty analysis and/or validation of satellite products;
· Demonstrable experience in developing scientific software using higher programming languages, such as C/C++ or FORTRAN and in using scripting languages to organise data processing, such as Python, Perl, and Shellscript;
· Strengths in analysis, synthesis and presentation, coupled with good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to apply these to the interactions within a team and between teams in international environment.
· Experience in the use of radiative transfer models in the visible and infrared wavelengths;
· Knowledge of data formats such as NetCDF4, HDF5, GRIB, and BUFR.
Type and duration of contract: Fixed-term contract under German employment law ending on 28th February 2018, the end of the H2020 GAIA-CLIM project.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Salary: Minimum EUR 7,000 gross per month
How to apply: Please send your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “GAIA-CLIM Scientist application” in the Subject line.
Closing date for applications: 3 April 2017
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Climate Service & Product Manager
Any email message from EUMETSAT is sent in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by EUMETSAT, except where provided for in a written agreement or contract or if explicitly stated in the email. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of EUMETSAT. This message and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, dissemination or distribution (in whole or in part) of its contents is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.