|Date||Mon, 16 Jan 2017 11:25:11 +0200|
HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality staff to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a member of staff with university degree in Physics or a related subject and the experience to carry out the position.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date: 20 February 2017
The tasks of the key persons will include:
· the development and evaluation of detector, electronic, radiometric, quality flagging, performance and calibration degradation correction and monitoring algorithms (detector, electronics and optical) and all other algorithms relevant for the LI 0-1b data processing. For INR / geolocation algorithms support from LI side towards algorithms provided by other sources is anticipated.
· the development and evaluation of appropriate LI triggered event filtering / flagging algorithms (on board and on ground), and the analysis of their impact on the 0-1b data processing and 1-2 data processing, with emphasis on the 0-1b data processing.
· the development of a reference processor for LI, from input scenes and level-0 to level-1b to level-2, within EUMETSAT, including and with emphasis on the LI instrument simulation software and 0-1b data processing aspects.
· the development of prototype software code for the purposes of testing and verification of the developed LI 0-1b algorithms.
· Contribute to the Algorithm Theoretical Baseline Document (ATBD) development for the LI 0-1b processing.
· the generation of LI test data at L0 and L1(b).
· the performance verification of EUMETSAT generated LI 0-1b algorithms and validation of algorithm performance under operational situations.
· the interpretation and analysis of LI-related test campaigns and test (verification) data.
· the generation of associated documentation including technical reports, test reports etc.
· the development of the LI in-orbit level 1 performance verification and calibration/validation.
· conducting and supporting external studies relevant for and related to the above activities, and analysing and evaluating the study results.
Evaluation of algorithms involves both the review of the information derived from the ESA led LI space segment contract and alternative sources of information.
Qualifications and Experience
· Demonstrable experience of at least 2 years with characteristics and data usage of satellite instruments for earth observation in the visible-near-infrared range of the spectrum and with their 0-1b calibration, as well as with relating physics processes in such satellite instruments to the relevant 0-1b data processing algorithms required to provide geophysically calibrated level-1b data.
· Demonstrable experience of at least 2 years with scientific instrument data simulation, 0-1b data processing software development and prototyping/testing such software, for satellite instruments for earth observation in the visible-near-infrared range of the spectrum and acquisition of simulated satellite instrument data sets.
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via firstname.lastname@example.org
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
GEO MTG Lightning Imager Data Processing Engineer.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.