|From||Pierre Fabry (Aʟᴏɴɢ-Tʀᴀᴄᴋ) <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Thu, 8 Dec 2016 16:59:16 +0100|
Dear colleagues, dear friends,
This short email is to inform you that Along-Track SAS is urgently looking for a talented reasearcher or engineer. May I ask you to promote the attached vacancy notice in your network and forward it to your contacts ?
Let me tell you that we are also looking for a versatile
administrative assistant (assistant(e)
de gestion PME-PMI) and I can also send you this vacancy
notice upon request.
Many thanks for your help.
**** JOB reference : SAR-IMA-ATK-16-01
**** Company Description and Context
- Along-Track SAS is a young SME dedicated to research and
development in satellite remote sensing. The main applications for
this research activities are :
1. the monitoring of sea-ice near the poles.
2. the monitoring of inland waters (river, lakes).
- For more information please consult www.along-track.com.
- Ongoing activities of the company encompass several ESA and CNES
contracts related to radar altimeters and imagers together with
other (European) partners.
- The working conditions at Along-Track SAS are those of a start-up
with passionate and enthusiastic staff. The rely on flexibility in
working hours, team working and team-spirit (reduced hierarchical
levels), learning fast and together, sharing ideas, focusing on
- To support its development and ongoing activities, Along-Track is
looking for a talented engineer experienced in SAR Image formation
and exploitation, SAR Interferometry and Image Processing.
- Experience with the cryosphere and especially sea-ice and/or marine
applications will be much appreciated.
- The position also naturally requires skills in programming, data
processing and computer science in general.
The position comprises the following tasks (the list is not exhaustive) :
- supporting the company researches in remote sensing and
particularly on the use of altimetry and imagery for sea-ice.
- providing technical / operational support to our clients and
partners utilising SAR images (Sentinel-1 and other past, present,
future missions) : this support includes images interpretation and
the development / upgrade / debugging of tools to download,
visualise and process L1A and L1B products (images) together with
auxiliary data when needed, with the aim to produce higher level
products (for example sea-ice maps, water masks, surface motion
- developing scripts and tools for classifying, indexing, and
archiving SAR images.
- contributing to the dissemination of the scientific results of the
- contributing to knowledge transfer across the team.
- progressively taking part to the project management activities.
- Candidates shall have, as a pre-requisite, a demonstrated experience
in the development, implementation, and/or operation of SAR images
- The understanding of the main processing steps in Synthetic
Aperture Radar image formation is mandatory and especially azimuth
- This multi-year experience shall include :
+ experience in algorithm development for Earth Observation;
+ experience in scientific data processing
implementations. Experience with large, complex processing
systems would be an advantage;
+ experience in scientific coding on Unix-based platforms :
* C, python, matlab and shell scripting are required,
* C++ and java would be an advantage,
+ experience with Linux/Shell command line.
- holding a PhD is a significant asset.
- experience in sea-ice remote sensing is an asset especially sea-ice
drift measurement, sea-ice classification,
- experience with Geographical Information System (in particular QGIS
and GIS open source libraries) is an asset.
- The position requires excellent interpersonal, communication and
reporting skills, combined with the ability to work
autonomously. The official languages of Along-Track are English and
French. The candidate shall in any cases be at ease with writing
and speaking english.
- Travels within Europe will be necessary to meet clients and/or
partners and to attend trainings and events such as conferences.
**** Working conditions and package
- Start Date: February/March 2017
- Permanent contract, with 4 months renewable probationary
period. The work contract is governed by the "Convention de la
Métallurgie - Cadres" and the applicable laws in France.
- Starting with a permanent location in Plougonvelin (French Brittany
at sea-side nearby the touristic city Le Conquet and nearby the
city of Brest). The company has in view to open an office in Toulouse.
- Entitlement to Work: all applicants must not only be prepared and
be able to relocate quickly to Plougonvelin, France. If you are
short-listed for interview you will be asked to bring to the
interview original diploma and documents giving evidence of
permission to work in France.
- Gross Salary : will be defined according to expertise and the
standard practises in Brest area and in the company, ranging
between 2400€/m and 2600€/m.
- Social Schemes & Insurances :
- Retraite Compl. (complementary Retirement Scheme) (ARRCO et
AGIRC) contract @ KLESIA RETRAITE PARIS,
- Prévoyance (Salary Insurance for Health & Accident) contract @
HARMONIE MUTUELLE BREST,
- Mutuelle Complementary Health Insurance contract @ HARMONIE
MUTUELLE à BREST,
- Health Insurance (Assurance Maladie) contract @ CPAM Finistère
- Leaves : the post holder will have 25 days annual leave, plus bank
-- Pierre Fabry Aʟᴏɴɢ-Tʀᴀᴄᴋ Mob: +33 643 414 409 Fix: +33 952 550 210 (HQ) www.along-track.com
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.