|From||"Phibbs, Samuel" <Samuel.Phibbs@WillisTowersWatson.com>|
|Date||Fri, 4 Nov 2016 13:56:47 +0000|
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth.
We are looking for an Analyst to join our Model Research and Evaluation team in London. Catastrophe modelling plays a key role in the reinsurance industry, helping determine the capital and ultimately reinsurance requirements of (re)insurance companies. The models used in the industry are imperfect, and it is very important to understand their strengths and weaknesses, as well as develop adjustments to correct their more significant biases. The role of model research and evaluation is rapidly expanding, as more data becomes available, more models are built, regulation makes stricter demands on model users and, generally, the sophistication of model users increases. The individual we are seeking would be supporting the team members in all stages of model research and evaluation process, working with scientists and engineers.
· The main responsibility is supporting the team members in all stages of model research and evaluation process by
o collecting data for different perils (e.g. flood specific data)
o generating exhibits
o producing/editing evaluation reports
· Support the design, planning, coordination and production of model sensitivity analyses for different territories and multiple perils (world-wide coverage)
· Research specific issues related to wind, earthquake and flood perils as requested by our clients
· Write draft reports, create presentations, produce plots and proof-read documents
· Effectively communicate with team members, business-units and brokers
· Support team members on automating output generation processes
· Build and maintain a library of outputs for instant use by analysts and brokers
· Undergraduate degree in natural sciences, geo-sciences, applied mathematics or related subject
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· High level of competence with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Strong analytical skills and keen attention to detail
· Experience visualising spatial data (ArcGIS/ESRI, R, Python or equivalent)
· A genuine interest in natural perils and risk management
· Understanding of Flood-related matters, basic Hydrology/Hydraulics
· Good knowledge of statistics
· Master’s degree
· Knowledge of Programming in R, Python or equivalent
· Experience working with databases
· Conduct Risk: To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
What can we offer you?
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; a fantastic pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover, additional life assurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers and many other options and Corporate deals.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
For more details and to apply, please visit:
For information pertaining to Willis' email confidentiality and monitoring policy, usage restrictions, or for specific company registration and regulatory status information, please visit http://www.willis.com/email_trailer.aspx
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.