[Met-jobs] Multi-Sensor Aerosol Product Development Support Engineer
HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality staff to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a member of staff with university degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 3 years experience of the development and implementation of software for operational processing of satellite or meteorological data and a minimum of 3 years work experience in UNIX application development and testing in C and C++. Experience in scientific processing in general and the Fortran programming language would be a distinct advantage.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: March 2017
Closing date: 18th November 2016
The tasks of the key person will include:
- Establishing a generic development platform which in its full configuration would specifically address multi-angle, multi-spectral, polarimeter observations but would also be used to explore the applicability and relevance to other instrument classes (e.g. dual-view instruments, polar orbiting imagers, geostationary imagers). Note: the platform is expected to be based on pre-existing algorithms and tools such as the GRASP toolbox (http://www.grasp-open.com/) tailored to the EUMETSAT development environment and scientific needs;
- Developing a multi-mission product monitoring capability based on the initial capability developed for the Metop PMAp product;
- Deriving relevant data from internal and external sources to support product quality monitoring in the relevant operational monitoring system;
- Evaluation of a pre-existing prototype processor for aerosol optical depth retrieval from MSG with the aim of maximising commonalities with other EUMETSAT aerosol algorithms where feasible and appropriate;
- Supporting the development of 3MI retrieval algorithms, in particular in the frame of the generic aerosol development platform;
- Streamlining algorithm product processor elements (e.g. aerosol models, radiative transfer etc) across missions where feasible and appropriate based on an evaluation of algorithm architecture in cooperation with the responsible aerosol retrieval scientist;
- Performing off-line analysis of processor performance and product quality;
- Supporting the validation of EUMETSAT aerosol products and the compilation of the relevant product validation reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- A minimum of 3 years experience of the development and implementation of software for operational processing of satellite or meteorological data.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in UNIX application development and testing in C and C++. Experience in scientific processing in general and the Fortran programming language would be a distinct advantage.
- Quality control of satellite data and products,
- Operational product processing environments
- Software build environments and tools (e.g. make, imake, eclipse, insure++);
- Source code control system, (e.g. Subversion or Git);
- Experience and skills in working in projects and environments characterised by a diversity of stakeholders.
- Inverse modelling of atmospheric composition using (vector) radiative transfer models
- Aerosol optical properties retrieval from satellite data;
- Calibration and validation of satellite products;
- Knowledge of the EPS and MSG missions and instruments.
- Java programming;
- Usage of relational databases (sql programming)
- Experience with Scripting languages e.g. Python, Perl, Tcl/Tk, shell;
- Production monitoring and reporting
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via email@example.com
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
Multi-Sensor Aerosol Product Development Support Engineer.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
(or Reverse Date),