|From||"Wan, Hui" <Hui.Wan@pnnl.gov>|
|Date||Tue, 25 Oct 2016 17:48:54 +0000|
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Global and Regional Aerosol Modeling
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Richland, WA, USA
Organization and Job ID
Directorate: Earth & Biological Sciences
Division: Atmospheric Sciences & Global Change
Duration of assignment: 3 years (full-time)
Job ID: 305928
The Atmospheric Sciences and Global Change Division at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral research associate for aerosol related research topics in the context of global- and regional-scale aerosol and climate modeling. The successful applicant will collaborate with researchers at PNNL and other national laboratories to:
It will be essential for the candidate to make the commitment to developing and maintaining robust, clean, and easily maintainable codes and scripts. Teamwork and strong communication skills for engaging with project members at PNNL and other national laboratories will also be very important.
1. PhD in atmospheric sciences or environmental sciences received within the past five years (60 months) from an accredited college or university.
2. Good knowledge of the physical and chemical processes that affect atmospheric aerosols.
3. Basic understanding of numerical modeling techniques used in Earth sciences or computational physics/chemistry.
4. Fluency in Fortran programing and shell scripting.
5. Experience with data analysis and visualization software.
6. Strong communication skills.
7. Strong team player with the willingness and ability to work independently.
1. Demonstrated ability to modify, compile, and run complex atmospheric chemistry, weather or climate models.
2. Experience with high-performance computing environments.
3. Experience in using version control tools like Git or SVN.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
Notes to Applicants
Applications need to be submitted online at <https://pnnl.jibeapply.com/jobs/305928/Post+Doctorate+RA+-+Global+and+Regional+Aerosol+Modeling?lang=en-US>. The link is accessible until November 18, 2016. When uploading your curriculum vitae, please attach a cover letter to describe your qualifications and research interests.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.