|From||"Werf, G.R. van der" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Mon, 22 Aug 2016 13:33:37 +0000|
Postdoctoral position in earth system modelling @ VU Amsterdam
The postdoctoral researcher will run a global (dynamic) earth system model to study the impact of fires and their emissions on the atmosphere and/or study interactions between fires, vegetation, and the atmosphere. In addition he or she will reconstruct past fire emissions based on several proxies to better understand how fires have changed since the pre-industrial. The researcher is expected to report in the peer-reviewed literature, assist in annual fieldwork and team up with the chemistry transport modeler in the team to better understand the climate impact of biomass burning.
• PhD in atmospheric or earth system sciences with at least 2 papers published in respected journals using results from earth system models;
• experienced in independently setting up, running, and modifying earth system models;
• excellent skills regarding statistics and time series analysis;
• excellent ability to communicate in both written and spoken English;
• strong scientific motivation, and interest in climate change issues as well as Earth system science;
• good social skills.
More information: http://vu.nl/nl/werken-bij-de-vu/vacatures/2016/16441.aspx
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.