|From||"Emanuele Zanchi" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Wed, 3 Aug 2016 13:39:03 +0200|
BSC-CNS (Barcelona Supercomputing Center ? Centro Nacional de Supercomputación) is the National Supercomputing Facility in Spain and manages MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe. The mission of BSC-CNS is to investigate, develop and manage information technology in order to facilitate scientific progress. With this aim, special dedication has been taken to areas such as Computer Sciences, Life Sciences, Earth Sciences and Computational Applications in Science and Engineering
Look at the BSC experience:
CONTEXT AND MISSION OF THE ROLE:
Within the Earth Sciences Department, led by Prof Francisco Doblas-Reyes, the Computational Earth Sciences and Earth Sciences Services group are looking for a WEB DEVELOPER. We are looking for a candidate with excellent technical skills and an interest in design and usability to produce high quality products and high impact services related to the dissemination activities of the Earth Sciences Department. The selected candidate will be in charge of designing and building an online platform for data exchange within a project. The candidate will also participate in the improvement and maintenance of online operational services (e.g. caliope) from a technical point of view but also implementing improvements in the design and usability.
● Participate in a new development starting with requirements analysis and design
● During the development phase provide a technical solution compliant with the design and interface definitions
● Maintain existing websites and propose improvements to enrich contents and user experience
● Additionally, the Developer will provide support to test, integration, and deployment of the software baseline
○ Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Physics, Mathematics or related discipline
○ Having a Master’s will be valued
● Professional Experience
○ Experience in user interaction to define user requirements and business needs is required
○ Understanding of Web services will be valued
○ Understanding of relational, noSQL, and file based storage products will be valued
○ Candidates must be proactive, self-motivated individuals who can understand technical concepts
○ Candidates should be familiar with the good development and configuration management practices
○ Design orientated mindset and skills. Experience with Adobe creative suite will be valued.
○ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
○ Ability to take initiatives, prioritize the tasks and work under set deadlines
○ Ability to work both independently and within a team
○ Ability to learn and adapt to multiple programming languages easily
The position will be located at BSC within the Earth Sciences Department and start as soon as possible. The contract will be for at least one year, which could be extended depending on availability of funds and performance.
All applications must be done through the BSC website: http://www.bsc.es/about-bsc/employment/vacancies/107escesjd
DIVERSITY AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
BSC-CNS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable state or local law.
Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación
WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy and delete any copies you may have received.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.