|From||Jennifer Reddell <email@example.com>|
|Date||Fri, 29 Jul 2016 17:15:23 -0400|
Leaf Photosynthesis Postdoctoral Fellow (Climate & Ecosystems) - 82708
Organization: CE-Climate & Ecosystems
Berkeley Lab is Bringing Science Solutions to the World, and YOU can be a part of it!
In the world of science, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) is synonymous with "excellence." That's why we hire the best - whether in research, finance or other operations. This is a great opportunity to bring your top-notch skills to bear in support of world-class scientific research that addresses national and global challenges! Berkeley Lab is a renowned center of scientific expertise in many facets of climate-related fundamental and applied science.
Berkeley Lab’s Climate & Ecosystems Division has an opening for a Leaf Photosynthesis Postdoctoral Fellow to focus on developing a theoretical understanding of acclimation of leaf photosynthesis and respiration, and explore implications for global photosynthesis and the carbon cycle, based at Berkeley Lab. We are particularly interested in integrating theory of leaf resource allocation with observations to develop parsimonious process-level descriptions of the acclimation of photosynthesis and respiration, using a variety of observations, and integrating discoveries into state-of-the-art land surface models.
• Focus on several groups of processes relevant to photosynthesis and autotrophic respiration, including: nutrient and carbon interactions, scaling from leaves to landscapes, ecosystem demographics and land cover change.
• Analyze and quantify uncertainty in feedbacks between the atmosphere and terrestrial biosphere will be important components of the research.
• Creation and analysis of a global database of plant traits
• Statistical analysis of key traits
• Development of first-principles theory underlying the governing controls of specific traits
• Formulation and testing of hypotheses
• Model development and implementation
• Presentation of results at scientific meetings
• Publishing of results in scientific journals
• PhD in plant physiology, ecology, or a related field
• Proficient coding skills in at least one of: R, Matlab, Python, Fortran
• Knowledge of ecophysiology and plant biochemistry
• Experience working with data relevant to plant states, traits and rates
• Ability to understand and use state-of-the-art land-surface biogeochemical models
• Both numerical and communication skills
• Evidence of ability to publish results in relevant journals
• Ability to work in an integrated team environment
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled.
• This is a 1 year term appointment with the possibility of renewal for up to 5 years based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds, and ongoing operational needs.
• Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
• This position requires completion of a background check.
Berkeley Lab understands the postdoctoral experience in a research environment is unique. We are committed to the growth and development of early career researchers in pursuit of becoming next generation scientists and engineers. Read about the excellent postdoctoral benefits at Berkeley Lab (http://www.garnett-powers.com/postdoc/lbl/).
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=75135 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Berkeley Lab addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law”.
Ad Club Advertising
Toll Free: 800.333.1228
Toll Free Fax: 800.759.4675
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.