|From||Bob Plant <email@example.com>|
|Date||Tue, 26 Jul 2016 17:48:02 +0100|
Post-Doctoral Researchers in Convection Modelling x4
Full-time, fixed-term up to 36 months with possibility of extension.
Department of Meteorology, University of Reading
Four postdoctoral scientists are sought to undertake exciting and innovative research into novel techniques for the simulation and parameterization of atmospheric convective clouds. This research will form a major component of the ParaCon programme with the aim of significantly improving the representation of convection across model scales from 1-100 km. Two will be working on the turbulence parameterization at the high-resolution end of the scale (so-called 'convection permitting'), and two on the convective parameterization at the lower resolution end. However, all will be expected to work closely together, generating and sharing common data, such as very high resolution reference simulations, common tools, and most importantly, exchanging ideas and insights.
You will have:
- PhD in atmospheric science, engineering, physics or mathematics (or a closely related subject) or expect shortly to obtain this or have equivalent research experience
- Strong skills in the analysis of data and its interpretation
- Ability to formulate and develop mathematical models, to implement and critically assess these
- Experience using and, preferably, developing complex numerical models
- Good communication skills and the disposition to collaborate effectively with both internal and external project members.
For more information on ParaCon see www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/collaboration/paracon.
For more details and online application see https://www.reading.ac.uk/15/about/jobs/about-job-details.aspx?vacancy_id=708997Aw4K
Application closing date: 24th August 2016
For informal inquires...
Robert Plant, +44 (0)118 378 5587 firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Clark, +44 (0)118 378 7908 email@example.com
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business need.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.