|From||"Letscher, Reiner" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Fri, 22 Jul 2016 06:48:24 +0000|
The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology (MPI-M) is a multidisciplinary center for climate and Earth system research located in Hamburg, Germany. It’s one of the premier climate science research institutes in the world. Located in the heart of one of Europe’s most livable and vibrant cities it provides a highly international and interdisciplinary environment for conducting scientific research as well as access to state of the art scientific facilities.
The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology contributes to the Cluster of Excellence “Integrated Climate System Analysis and Prediction” (CliSAP). With respect to this research programme, we have an open position for a
Scientist/Postdoc (m/f – W030)
in modeling the flux of organic carbon and nutrient fluxes between land and ocean with a focus on the Arctic rivers. The successful candidate will contribute to development of module for dissolved and particulate organic carbon and nutrient transfer from land to ocean, primarily in permafrost regions, using MPI Earth System model, and, together with the partners from the Soil Institute of the University of Hamburg, investigate an effect of this carbon transfer on greenhouse gases emissions on global scale. This research will be performed in close co-operation between several research groups at the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology and University of Hamburg contributing to the CliSAP programme.
· PhD degree in physics, mathematics, meteorology, or environmental sciences;
· experience in modelling biogeochemical or geophysical processes on a global or large-regional scale;
· familiarity with coding and running computer models, programming skills in FORTRAN or C on a UNIX platform;
· strong motivation and ability to carry out research in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
The selection criteria will value the qualifications, the experience and the ability of the candidates to fulfill the responsibilities of the opening as outlined above. A selection panel will be established.
The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology seeks to increase the number of female scientist and encourages them to apply. Handicapped persons with comparable qualifications receive preferential status.
· The position is available until 31 October 2017.
· Payment will be in accordance with German public service positions (TVoeD E 14), including extensive social security plans. The conditions of employment, including upgrades and duration, follow the rules of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Sciences and those of the German civil service.
How to submit your application for this post
- A cover letter
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of two references
By uploading the documents in our online Webtool:
Deadline for applying
This vacancy has been opened on 22 July 2016. The vacancy will be kept open until filled.
A first cut-off date for the collection of the applications is foreseen on 5 September 2016. If the position is not filled, this vacancy announcement will be re-published indicating a second cut-off date.
For further information, please contact Victor Brovkin (victor.brovkin(at)mpimet. mpg.de). Do not forward your application to these email addresses; the application needs to be submitted through the online Webtool (see link above).
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.