|From||Jennifer Reddell <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Wed, 22 Jun 2016 12:09:07 -0400|
Climate Interaction Postdoctoral Fellow (Climate & Ecosystems) - 82591
Organization: CE-Climate & Ecosystems
Berkeley Lab is Bringing Science Solutions to the World, and YOU can be a part of it!
In the world of science, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) is synonymous with "excellence." That's why we hire the best - whether in research, science or operations. This is a great opportunity to bring your top-notch skills to bear in support of world-class scientific research that addresses national and global challenges!
Berkeley Lab’s Climate & Ecosystems Division has an opening for a Climate Interaction Postdoctoral Fellow. This position is for a scientist with expertise in analyzing terrestrial biogeochemical and hydrological processes and their climate interactions, with a focus on Earth System Models (ESMs). The position offers an excellent environment for working with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team. You will also have opportunities to collaborate with researchers across our multi-institution DOE-funded project. We are interested in developing methods to evaluate, against observations, process-level and emergent ESM responses that affect climate, and to standardize the benchmarking approaches for broader community use. Analyzing and quantifying uncertainty in feedbacks between the atmosphere and terrestrial biosphere will be important components of the research.
What You Will Do:
• Develop methods to benchmark land models against a diverse range of observations.
• Work in an integrated team environment.
• Focus on several groups of biogeochemical and climate feedback processes.
What Is Required:
• Recently PhD graduate.
• Understanding and use of state-of-the-art land-surface biogeochemical models.
• Ability to develop representations of complex inter-related terrestrial ecosystem processes suitable for ESMs.
• Ability to develop and use coupled atmosphere and land-surface models to characterize feedbacks.
• Ability to develop methods to benchmark land models against a diverse range of observations.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled.
• Berkeley Lab understands the postdoctoral experience in a research environment is unique. We are committed to the growth and development of early career researchers in pursuit of becoming next generation scientists and engineers. Read about the excellent postdoctoral benefits at Berkeley Lab.
• This is a 1 year postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs. You must have less than 4 years paid postdoctoral experience. Salary for Postdoctoral positions depends on years of experience post-degree.
• Salary will be predetermined based on student/postdoctoral step rates.
• This position requires completion of a background check.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=71995 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Berkeley Lab addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".
Ad Club Advertising
Toll Free: 800.333.1228
Toll Free Fax: 800.759.4675
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.