[Met-jobs] Job opportunity at NASA GSFC with SAIC (updated with residency requirements)
The NASA Land Information System team (http://lis.gsfc.nasa.gov/) at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD, seeks a research scientist to contribute to the development of modeling and data assimilation capabilities within LIS.
- The candidate is expected to conduct land data assimilation research, exploring the optimal use of terrestrial remote sensing data with land surface models.
- The candidate should have experience in data assimilation, land surface modeling and the development of assimilation algorithms.
- Experience in building or working with different Earth system components, familiarity with technologies such as the Earth System Modeling Framework (ESMF) are highly desired.
- The candidate will also be responsible for the software management and development of the integrated system.
- In this regard, experience with formal software development process, object oriented programming and knowledge of version control tools is desired.
- A good knowledge of working with satellite datasets is a considered plus.
- The candidate should have a MS or PhD (desired) in atmospheric science, geophysics, hydrology, or a related discipline.
- Proficiency with Fortran, C languages, Unix and multiprocessor environments and understanding of MPI is required.
- The individual will be expected to present results in peer- reviewed publications and scientific presentations.
- Experience in organizing meetings, project coordination, and writing and reviewing technical reports is also expected.
Note: this position is open to US citizens and US permanent residents only.
Interested candidates, please contact:
(or Reverse Date),