|From||Jordi Gómez-Barba <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Tue, 26 Apr 2016 11:15:20 +0200|
Postdoctoral position in climate impact modeling and predictability
IC3 Headquarters in
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The Catalan Institute of Climate Sciences (IC3) is a climate
institution created by the Catalan Government and the
We are looking for a postdoctoral scientist willing to work on regional and/or urban climate modeling, whose research will be used as a predictability source for climate impact models to generate prototype and operational versions of climate services. To this purpose, the selected candidate will closely work with essentially the following scientists of IC3-UDIC:
Applicants must have a Ph.D. in atmospheric sciences, climate dynamics, climate modeling, climate impacts, epidemiological modeling, applied statistics, or a related field.
Ideal candidates must have demonstrated experience or knowledge on the following research areas:
- Analysis of large climate datasets.
- Use/development of urban climate models.
- Advanced programming skills: R, Matlab, Python, Fortran, NetCDF, NCL, CDO and/or NCO.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness to work in a multidisciplinary environment: climate dynamics, climate modeling, climate impacts and climate services.
Additional skills among the ones listed below will also be considered, namely:
- Use of global or regional models.
- Implementation of dynamical and/or statistical downscaling.
- Experience on climate predictability and its application to climate impacts.
CONDITIONS AND APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
The position is opened until filled and renewable on an annual basis depending on accomplishments. It starts preferably anytime after May, 1st 2016.
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send your CV by e-mail to email@example.com with the following subject: “Application for a postdoctoral position in climate impact modeling and predictability”.
Selected candidates will be asked for letters of recommendation.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.