There is a vacancy for a postdoctoral fellow position at Institute of Geophysics, Faculty of Physics University of Warsaw within Aerosol Modeling. The position is for a period of 2 years between 1 May 2016 and 30 April 2018.
About the project/work tasks
The position is connected to the SONATA-BIS grant nr UMO-2012/05/E/ST10/0157 entitled “Integrated studies of climate processes involving absorbing aerosols” focuses on the aerosol –climate modeling. The position will focus on:
- estimating long-term variability of aerosol optical depth as well as black carbon optical depth in Central Europe between 1970 and 2015
- preparation and execution climate simulations for Central Europe between 1970 and 2015 for different black carbon emission scenario
- determination of the vertical profiles of black carbon on the radiative forcing, climate sensitivity as well as the parametrization of vertical variability of black carbon on the climate simulation results
- estimation radiative forcing and climate sensitivity of black carbon deposited on snow surface in Central Europe.
- applicants must have achieved a PhD or equivalent in meteorology, oceanography, physics, or related fields, or have presented the dissertation for assessment by the closing date for applications.
- candidates must have a strong background in aerosol and climate and should have good knowledge of climate dynamics proven experience with simulation of aerosol optical properties, radiative transfer and climate modeling
- excellent skills are required in programming and performing simulations with general circulation models and analysis of observations and model data
- proven experience of MATLAB or IDL as well as FOTRAN language
- proficiency in both written and oral English
- the candidate will work in a lively research environment and should have good team working skills
- encourage people with disabilities to apply for this position.
We can offer:
- a good and professionally challenging working environment
- salary about 1 400 Euro/month
- good welfare benefits.
- Application for the position;
- CV (with contact e-mail address);
- Information about candidate’s scientific career and teaching experience;
- List of scientific publications with citations number;
- Copy of the PhD diploma certificate;
Detailed information about the position can be obtained by contacting:
Dr Krzysztof Markowicz, e-mail: email@example.com