|From||"Osorio , Beatriz" <Osorio.Beatriz@ouranos.ca>|
|Date||Tue, 8 Mar 2016 13:21:14 -0500|
Principal investigator in climate science
Ouranos is looking for an established principal investigator who can contribute significantly to the growth of the organization by joining our Climate Simulations and Analyses program for the long term.
Ouranos is a consortium working in regional climatology and adaptation to climate change. Together with our partners and collaborators, we develop the necessary knowledge for conducting impact assessment and the implementation of tools to aid in adaptation to climate change in Quebec and other regions of Canada (www.ouranos.ca).
· Contribute to the development of the Climate Simulation and Analysis program in order to respond to the needs of members of Ouranos. This could include, for example, 1) the development of methods for the analysis and use of regional climate information produced by Ouranos in order to promote the appropriate and optimal use thereof; 2) conduct research on the important topic of uncertainty in the analysis of climate data; 3) analyze new variables of interest for the members of Ouranos.
· Play a structuring role by exploring novel avenues for better responding to and even anticipating the needs of Ouranos members with a view to providing climate services;
· Focus on new projects (internally as well as with external researchers and Ouranos members), by developing these projects, by managing them, contributing to their realization and/or by participating in them. This also includes the writing of scientific articles and reports and the presentation of results at scientific conferences;
· Serve as a consultant to senior management.
Education and experience
· PhD degree in atmospheric science or another related discipline;
· Five years of experience as a researcher;
· Contributions as a lead author of peer-reviewed articles;
· Solid experience in the analysis of results for the purposes of applications;
· Solid knowledge in scientific programming and in statistics.
Skills and abilities
· Very good knowledge of climate modelling, preferably regional;
· Proven leadership skills;
· Solid knowledge of scientific programming in a Linux environment with shell scripts and various programming languages (e.g., FORTRAN, C) and of analysis softwares and tools such as Python, R and MATLAB;
· Ability to work in a team and to communicate research results orally and in writing;
· Openness toward and interest in multidisciplinarity and the needs of users;
· Proven ability to conduct original and self-directed research work;
· Strong ability to synthesize results and to adopt a problem-solving approach;
· Demonstrated written and oral communication skills in English and French.
Job type: Permanent, full time
Targeted start date: May–June, 2016
Location: Ouranos, 550 Sherbrooke West, 19th floor, Montreal (Quebec), Canada
Please send your CV to email@example.com
by March 29, 2016 with “Climate Science position” in the subject line.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.