HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality staff to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a University educated engineer in the engineering, physics, or software (or similar) domains.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: 2nd Quarter 2016
Closing date: 22nd February 2016
The Consultant will provide engineering support to the MTG Ground Segment / Data
processing team in the frame of the MTG Programme.
The Consultant will support activities related to initially Phase C/D followed by phase E of
the MTG Programme in the area of data processing engineering. In this context attention is
drawn to the mandatory nature of the programme.
In the detail, support will be provided for the following tasks:
- Support the procurement of data processing elements by advising on technical solutions proposed by the contractor and by reviewing documentation to confirm its compliance with the requirements;
- Support management of the requirements baseline for data processing elements;
- Support refinement of ICDs;
- Support testing, integration and acceptance of data processing elements;
- Participation in formal reviews and technical meetings.
In addition, there will be regular involvement in the following tasks requiring interaction and
coordination with other teams at System and Ground Segment level:
- Review of System, Space Segment and Ground Segment documentation dealing with
requirements, concepts, algorithms and technical analyses of relevance for data
processing, including review of instrument data processing algorithms and calibration
concepts defined by the Space Segment with emphasis on their implications on Ground
Segment data processing concepts, interfaces and architecture;
- Participation in formal reviews and technical meetings at System and Ground Segment
- Review of documentation dealing with technical evolutions of the EUMETSAT
Qualifications and Experience
- a University degree (or equivalent, including experience) in the engineering, physics, or software (or similar) domains
- Relevant experience in preparation of requirements, design, interfaces and testing documentation for data processing systems considering the systems engineering aspects of data processing management and data provision (experience of data processing for high data rate missions and/or Earth Observation missions is an asset but is not mandatory);
- Relevant experience in monitoring and implementation of designs against requirement baselines and IV&V, including testing and formal acceptance;
- The ability to maintain a system overview is essential. This ability shall be exercised within a multi-disciplinary context in cooperation with other teams, covering several different data processing levels and instruments;
- Ability to learn and develop the needed skills and knowledge to contribute to the development of MTG. This includes the ability to rapidly absorb, and make use of, information presented in written and oral communications in a dynamic context;
- Systematic approach to work, including the ability to plan the work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks;
- Ability to write accurate and consistent technical documentation.
- The working language for the position is English and therefore the person must be able to work effectively in this language.
- Relevant experience with Level 1 or Level 2 processing software for Earth Observation missions, either for operations and maintenance or specification and development;
- Knowledge of the IBM DOORS tool or an equivalent for requirements management;
- Knowledge of task relevant ECSS and CCSDS standards.
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via firstname.lastname@example.org
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website: