|Date||Wed, 16 Dec 2015 11:59:02 +0200|
UVNS Product Development Support Engineer based at EUMETSAT, Darmstadt, Germany
HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality staff to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a University educated engineer in a relevant discipline, with a minimum of at least minimum of 5 years experience in the field of remote sensing product retrievals, data processing, and analysis. Further the consultant shall have a solid background in software engineering.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: June 2016
Closing date: 25th February 2016
In-house consultancy support is sought for the ongoing scientific and product development activities in preparation for the future UVNS mission to be flown on the EUMETSAT Polar System – Second Generation. The key person will work within the Remote Sensing and Products (RSP) Division of the Technical and Scientific Support (TSS) Department and will provide support as a member of the Atmospheric Composition (AC) Team. His/her responsibilities will primarily cover the support for the generation of Level 2 data processing, product format, and auxiliary data specifications for the UVNS mission. In addition the post
will support the review of calibration algorithms and contribute to development activities related to Level 1 data processing software. Development of prototype software and preparation of associated documentation will be another focus area.
The tasks of the Key person will include:
· Provision of support for the generation of Level 2 data processing, product format, and auxiliary data specifications for the UVNS mission;
· Provision of support to the development of algorithms for the calibration of UVNS Level 0 data;
· Development of prototype software for the purposes of testing and validation of the algorithms developed, including the generation of associated technical reports etc;
· Analyse the constraints imposed by the implementation of the products within an operational processing environment on the algorithm and implement necessary changes;
· Interfacing with experts across EUMETSAT as needed;
· Collaboration with expert groups and the wider scientific community outside EUMETSAT as appropriate;
· Assessment of results from scientific studies;
· Refinement of mission requirements in response to expert advice and results of scientific studies;
· Scientific assessments related to requirements refinements;
· Interaction with expert teams and the conduct of expert team meetings,
· Participation in reviews.
The tasks will evolve as the EPS-SG specifications mature in the coming years.
Qualifications and Experience
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via firstname.lastname@example.org
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
UVNS Product Development Support Engineer.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.