|Date||Mon, 14 Dec 2015 16:14:46 +0200|
Products Generation Prototyping
Specification and Validation Engineer based at EUMETSAT, Darmstadt, Germany
HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality staff to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a University educated engineer in a relevant discipline, with a minimum of at least three years of experience in the field of scientific computing.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: 2nd Quarter 2016
Closing date: 8th February 2016
The Key Person will be part of the HSIRL2 team. The Key Person shall especially contribute to the specifications documentation and prototyping of the IASI-NG principal components (referred to as L1D in EPS-SG context) and L2 products generation functions and to the support of the operational software implementation during the initial development phase of the Payload Data Acquisition and Processing. Support to the preparation and completion of the commissioning of IASI/Metop-C is also expected.
The tasks of the Key Person will typically include:
· Analysis of similarities and specificities to the IASI and IASI-NG processing within the EPS and EPS-SG contexts and the required products, with the aim to maximize algorithm re-use.
· Maintenance and evolution of the IASI-NG products generation specification documents, taking into account the above identified commonalities and specificities.
· Maintenance and evolution of the documentation including new science resulting from internal developments or external studies or contributions.
· Contribution to the review and analysis of specification documents for the input data to the IASI-NG processing chain, e.g. IASI L1c, MWS L1b etc.
· Contribute to clarifications and answers to issues raised during the reviews of IASING L1D and L2 documentations; evolve the IASI-NG products generation specification documents taking the review outcome into account.
· Support the porting and re-use of IASI processing software in the context of EPS-SG for IASI-NG, including the preparation and documentation of S/W packages, test and verification data.
· Prototype functions of the IASI-NG L1D and L2 processing chain.
· Adapt and evolve the existing IASI L2 operational processor to form an IASI-NG prototype, e.g. make it ready to ingest IASI-NG and MWS L1 synthetic test data.
· Contribution to the harmonisation of the IASI and IASI-NG processors.
· Integration and verification of external software deliveries in the prototype processor
· Software anomaly fixing
· Code optimisation
· Development and documentation of prototype software and test procedures
· Generation of test data
· Statistical analysis and visualisation of hyper-spectral infrared principal components and Level 2 products
· Support L2 monitoring facilities and interpretation
· Contribution to validation reports for IASI operational and IASI-NG prototype products.
Qualifications and Experience
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via firstname.lastname@example.org
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
Hyperspectral Sounding Engineer SoW.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.