|From||"Letscher, Reiner" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Thu, 29 Oct 2015 15:55:28 +0000|
The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology (MPI-M) conducts fundamental research focusing on climate related problems. The institute closely cooperates with the University of Hamburg, the German Climate Computing Centre and the Institute of Coastal Research of the Helmholtz Zentrum Geesthacht.
Within the MPI-M department “The Land in the Earth System” we are looking for a
Scientist / Postdoc (m/f) – MPIM-W015 –
for an internal project on Dynamics of the Global Palaeo Monsoon System from a Terrestrial Perspective. The successful candidate will work in close cooperation with other scientists at MPI-M and geologists at the University of Hamburg towards understanding the dynamics of the monsoon system in glacial and interglacial climate. Research topics include the regional differences in the extent and duration of the African Humid Period as seen in various proxy records throughout the Northern part of Africa. Further questions address the changing teleconnection between the African and Asian monsoon systems. The main working tool will be the newly developed MPI Earth System Model 2.
· A PhD in in meteorology or physics with experience in Earth system modelling;
· Excellent programming skills;
· Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is desired;
· The scientist is expected to help organizing internal and international workshops.
· The position is offered for initially three years starting at January 1, 2016 or later.
· Payment will be in accordance with German public service positions (TVoeD E14), including extensive social security plans. The conditions of employment, including upgrades and duration, follow the rules of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Sciences and those of the German civil service.
· The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology seeks to increase the number of female scientist and encourages them to apply. Handicapped persons with comparable qualifications receive preferential status.
Candidates will be evaluated based on their qualifications and ability to fulfill the responsibilities as outlined for this project.
How to submit your application for this post
1) A cover letter
2) A detailed curriculum vitae
3) The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of two references
by uploading the documents in our online Webtool:
Deadline for applying
This vacancy has been opened 30 October 2015. A first cut-off date for the collection of the applications is foreseen on 29 November 2015. If the position is not filled, this vacancy announcement will be re-published indicating a second cut-off date.
Further information on this position
For further information, please contact Martin Claußen (martin.claussen(at) mpimet.mpg.de). Do not forward your application to this email address, the applications need to be submitted through the online Webtool (see link above).
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.