|From||"Letscher, Reiner" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Thu, 15 Oct 2015 14:30:12 +0000|
The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology (MPI-M), a multidisciplinary centre for Climate and Earth System research located in Hamburg, Germany, has a vacancy for a
Scientific Programmer (m/f) - Ref. MPIM-W012
to contribute to the development of a European Radiative Transfer Library in the context of the EC funded project ISENES2 (Infrastructure for the European Network for Earth System modelling Phase 2).
The successful applicant will help lead an initiative to develop a fast, efficient, and computationally well-structured radiative transfer library for use by Earth System Models. The development will be based on an existing radiative transfer code, and provide a common framework for its incorporation in different Earth System Models.
· A strong software engineering background
· Expertise in Fortran and/or C/C++, and object oriented programming concepts
· Familiarity with meteorology and/or radiative transfer
· Good communication skills, availability to travel and cooperate with code developments in partnering institutes in Paris and Exeter are necessary.
· A PhD is advantageous
· The position is offered for 18 month starting at January 1, 2016 or later.
· Payment will be in accordance with German public service positions (TVoeD E13/14), including extensive social security plans. The conditions of employment, including upgrades and duration, follow the rules of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Sciences and those of the German civil service.
· The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology seeks to increase the number of female scientist and encourages them to apply. Handicapped persons with comparable qualifications receive preferential status.
Candidates will be evaluated based on their qualifications and ability to fulfill the responsibilities as outlined for this project.
How to submit your application for this post
1) A cover letter
2) A detailed curriculum vitae
3) The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of two references
by uploading the documents in our online Webtool:
Deadline for applying
This vacancy has been opened 15 October 2015. A first cut-off date for the collection of the applications is foreseen on 15 November 2015. If the position is not filled, this vacancy announcement will be re-published indicating a second cut-off date.
Further information on this position
For further information, please contact Reinhard Budich (reinhard.budich(at) mpimet.mpg.de). Do not forward your application to this email address, the applications need to be submitted through the online Webtool (see link above).
This project has received funding from the European Union’s FP7- INFRASTRUCTURES-2012-1 grant agreement No 312979
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.