|From||Alfredo Rocha <email@example.com>|
|Date||Thu, 11 Jun 2015 15:37:53 +0000|
In April 2015, the Centre for Environmental and Marine Studies, CESAM, (www.cesam.ua.pt) offered a researcher position in Atmospheric Physics.
This position was not fulfilled but it is going to be announced again. The first public announcement referred that:
‘The post is at a level equivalent to Assistant Researcher (index 195, working full-time, ca. 3191.82 euros/month gross salary, with the duration of 12 months and possible renewal for the same or different period. The successful candidate will develop research into Numeric Modelling in Meteorology, Climatology, and Air Quality. Applicants must be able to initiate innovative and productive research, independently, but open to collaboration with other CESAM researchers. Key requirements are: excellence in research, publishing capability of the scientific work produced in international journals with good impact factors, ability to undertake independent research and development (R & D) initiatives (including leading R & D projects and supervision of doctoral students and post –doctoral fellows) and a clear view of national and international research priorities. Candidates must fulfil the following specific requirements:
- Have a PhD degree in Atmospheric Sciences, or related fields;
- Have at least 5 years of research experience after the doctorate, in Atmospheric Sciences, with emphasis on Physical and Dynamical Meteorology;
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have authored or co-authored at least 10 articles published (or accepted for publication) in the last 5 years (since the year 2010, inclusive), in journals referenced in the Web of Science (WoS) in Q1 or Q2, and have an H index (Hirsch index) minimum of 10 in WoS or SCOPUS;
- Are or have been responsible for multidisciplinary projects, capturing public and/or private financing, promoting the connection of the research to private and/or public sectors;
- Are or have been, successfully supervising PhD students and/or Post-doctoral fellows.’
The new announcement, to be published within 1 month, will require that candidates must have, at least, 4 (and not 5) years of research experience after the doctorate.
Also, although the position is for 1 year renewable, in fact, if the contracted researcher does not 'disappoint' CESAM, we have a guaranteed budget for a minimum 3- year contract and, possibly, for a 6-year contract. The other terms of reference, namely, 10 published articles in the last 5 years and an H-index of 10 are just preference conditions. The candidate may be accepted with lower values, I would say, at least 6-7 papers in the last 5 years and an H-index of, at least, 4-5. As such, if you are willing to apply for this position when it is publicized again (within 1 month), please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) now with your intention and CV.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.