|From||"Cox, Owen - Exelis" <Owen.Cox@exelisinc.com>|
|Date||Mon, 8 Jun 2015 09:37:23 +0000|
We have a new opportunity for someone to join our consulting team in Bracknell. Job advert below, or see full text on our website; http://www.exelisvis.com/Company/Careers/CareersDetail/TabId/811/ArtMID/2647/ArticleID/14290/Programming-Consultant-Bracknell-UK.aspx
Programming Consultant, Bracknell, UK
Exelis Visual Information Solutions (Exelis VIS) UK has an exciting opportunity for a programming consultant within our UK services team based at our offices in Bracknell, Berkshire. We provide leading-edge solutions for a diverse range of customers working in the geospatial domain. This is primarily focused on image analytics, applying and developing techniques that are delivered to customers via both desktop applications and web services/web applications.
The successful candidate must have a thorough knowledge of programming in a mainstream language and also scientific domain experience. This consultant should be self-motivated and comfortable communicating complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stake-holders. Our consultants regularly interact with our customers, so a confident and professional communication style, and strong presentation skills, are essential. We are excited about extending our capability to offer web applications, so it would be desirable for the candidate to have some experience working with web technologies and web design.
The ideal candidate will relish a challenge and be able, with support, to execute and deliver projects and evolve new ideas with customers to develop business. Some work will be carried out in the defence environment, so the candidate should be eligible to apply for UK security clearances (existing clearances would be an advantage).
Required Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
· 2+ years of experience in a field of science or engineering
· 2+ years of experience in software development
· Excellent software development skills with proven proficiency in a mainstream language such as IDL, Matlab, Python, Java, C/C++
· Proven ability to learn new technologies and domains quickly
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Sciences or equivalent experience
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Self-motivated with the ability to multitask
· Eligibility for UK security clearances
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· SC level security clearance (DV clearance preferred)
· Experience developing software in the Geospatial domain
· Experience with Exelis VIS products (ENVI, IDL, IAS)
· Experience with image analysis and/or remote sensing techniques
· Experience with GIS applications (e.g. ESRI)
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exelis Inc. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Exelis Inc. accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.