|From||Alexandra Schwarz <Alexandra.Schwarz@meteogroup.com>|
|Date||Mon, 16 Mar 2015 13:00:51 +0000|
To reinforce our Meteorology department we are looking for a fulltime:
Job description: You will build and operate a verification system within our organization, including interpretation and analysis for MeteoGroup’s staff and customers.
This position is based in Berlin (Germany) and will report to the Head of Quality and Planning.
• Using input from Business Units, develop quality KPI which link meteorology quality close to customer value;
• Maintain a dashboard to monitor quality of incoming data, output from different internal models and procedures as well as forecaster generated content;
• Derive recommendation how quality can be improved and miss-performance can be avoided;
• Respond to internal and external requests to analyze certain cases;
• Develop a toolset through which Sales can derive individual quality measures for certain locations;
• Assist in research projects to understand the quality impact of development work.
• A degree in physical science, mathematics, meteorology or related subject;
• Proven R&D and programming skills;
• Excellent knowledge and experience to work with verification metrics and apply statistics;
• Experience working with databases and developing routines to retrieve and process data from databases and present the results;
• Able to work independently on a high technical and scientific basis on complex problems;
• Present the results of your work to convince and influence other teams including customers as well as technical and scientific colleagues;
• Structured and detailed documentation skills with the ability to write technical reports;
• Excellent time keeping and an ability to work well under pressure;
• Experience of forecasting, either in a commercial or public duty environment;
• You have excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
Please apply with English résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MeteoGroup is one of the world’s leading global full-service B2B weather solutions businesses, operating across all sectors where weather impacts business decision making. We provide innovative tools and support which assist our customers to make critical decisions more effectively to create value, save costs and minimize risk and manage environmental impact. Our team of expert and experienced meteorologists is available 24/7 to deliver the highest quality analysis and advice. With over 400 employees operating in 17 offices across the world, MeteoGroup is in an ideal position to provide local services to a global audience.
In addition to the weather solutions we provide to corporate, industrial and media customers, MeteoGroup is also the company behind the best-selling apps WeatherPro and MeteoEarth and numerous weather websites.
MeteoGroup is backed by General Atlantic, one of the largest private investments firms in the world whose focus is building industry leaders in high growth sectors. This relationship provides unparalleled access to both advice and funding to underpin MeteoGroup’s ambitious expansion plans.
Work Process Manager
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.