IASI and GOME-2 Instrument Engineer based at EUMETSAT, Darmstadt, Germany
HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality staff to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a University degree (or equivalent) in engineering or physics and a background of at least 5 years in space hardware projects mainly in the area of optical instruments.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: 2nd Quarter 2015
Closing date: 13 April 2015
The tasks of the Candidate will include:
- Monitoring of t he r ep a i r and subsequent tests of IASI.
- Monitor and support the GOME- 2 on ground calibration.
- Participation to Metop satellite AIV, Launch and Commissioning activities relevant to both IASI and GOME-2.
- Participation to instrument acceptance and hand-over reviews and other meetings with industry and other partners such as ESA, CNES as well as internal meetings.
- Analyse and assess the on-ground and in-orbit performances of IASI and GOME-2.
- Maintenance of an up-to-date plan of Metop satellite AIV, Launch and Commissioning activities requiring support for the IASI and GOME-2 instruments.
- Investigation of on-ground and in-orbit instrument anomalies and support operations to the relevant recovery actions.
- Provide general support to the Metop Operations Team for IASI and GOME 2 matters.
- Support in-orbit check-out / verification tests during Metop-C In Orbit Verification (IOV).
- Preparation and maintenance of instrument related documents, as well as presentation material;
- Maintenance of regular contacts with the above mentioned EUMETSAT partners in relation to IASI and GOME-2.
Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree in engineering or physics
- At least 5 years in space hardware projects mainly in the area of optical instruments
- Experience in project management positions is required together with the ability to follow satellite level Payload AIV activities.
- knowledge of PA/QA processes and procedures and good general computing skills, with familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.),
- Previous experience in AIV/AIT and commissioning activities is regarded as advantageous along with experience of working on a collaborative programme between different partners.
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via firstname.lastname@example.org
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website: