|From||"Nicola Bray" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Wed, 4 Mar 2015 17:16:52 -0000|
Research Scientist in Monsoons
Ref No. SF06924
Full Time, Fixed Term until March 2018
We need a talented researcher to undertake a joint modelling and observational approach to understand monsoon processes over India, a topic of fundamental importance to weather and climate in the tropics and worldwide.
As part of the new INCOMPASS (Interaction of Convective Organization and Monsoon Precipitation, Atmosphere, Surface & Sea) programme, jointly funded by NERC and the Indian Ministry of Earth Sciences, you will participate in a unique observational field campaign of surface, upper air and aircraft measurements. You will also work closely with the Met Office, including extended visits, on high resolution modelling case studies to match the observational work.
You will have:
- A PhD or equivalent in physical or mathematical sciences
- Experience of running numerical models or of in-depth exploration of complex observational data
- Strong scientific computing skills
- Understanding of physical processes relating to weather & climate
- Ability to work as part of a team including participation in the 2016 field campaign
Informal contact details
Contact role: Principal Investigator
Contact name: Dr Andy Turner
Contact phone: +44 (0)118 378 6019
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative informal contact details
Contact role: Co-investigator
Contact name: Dr Gill Martin
Contact phone: +44 (0)1392 886893
Contact email: email@example.com
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.