|From||"Hartman, Kathryn" <Kathryn.Hartman@willis.com>|
|Date||Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:48:55 +0000|
Role: Graduate Catastrophe Modelling
Closing Date: Friday 19th December 2014
Where to apply: www.willis.com/Careers/Graduate_Careers/
As one of the world’s leading risk advisers, we help ensure that our clients have the right protection in place so that when the unfortunate or unexpected hits, it’s not catastrophic for their business. We think of ourselves as selling resilience for a risky world. We look at the world of risk from different perspectives, working with our clients at each stage of the risk understanding, risk mitigation and risk transfer process. We make sure they have the capacity to react to extreme events and respond in a prepared, disciplined and organized fashion.
Modelling natural catastrophe exposure is an exciting and continually expanding area of our business. This opening would suit someone looking for a career within analytics within this exciting and ever changing area. Working as an analyst within the Catastrophe Modelling team you will work very closely with brokers to analyse the risk to client’s business from all aspects of natural perils and catastrophes. We will also sponsor you to complete your chartered professional qualification with the Chartered Insurance Institute.
The above list is intended to be as accurate a reflection of the role as possible. However, it may be revised from time to time if different tasks commensurate with the role or level of responsibility are needed to be performed and/or when circumstances change.
Minimum 2:1 degree or international equivalent within a relevant field such as a numerate or a hazard related subject, Geography, Geo-sciences or a related Engineering or Analytical subject
· A genuine interest in natural perils and risk management
· Good interpersonal skills, able to build strong business relationships
· Strong analytical and report writing skills
· Passion for learning and understanding insurance and a good understanding of our industry
· Flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change
· Team player
· Ability to concentrate and pay attention to detail
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Good IT skills
· Desire to take early responsibility
· High degree of self-discipline and commitment
· Comfortable with regional rotational opportunities
· Ability to work under pressure
· Highly motivated
Required Mindset and Behaviours:
Willis Values and Behaviours will underpin all roles and will guide performance criteria
For information pertaining to Willis' email confidentiality and monitoring policy, usage restrictions, or for specific company registration and regulatory status information, please visit http://www.willis.com/email_trailer.aspx
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.