|From||"Simon Davidson" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Thu, 13 Mar 2014 14:31:47 +0200|
Hyperspectral Infrared Sounding L2 Engineer based at EUMETSAT, Darmstadt, Germany
HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality staff to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a University educated engineer i(or equivalent) in a relevant discipline such as computer science, mathematics, physics, astrophysics, meteorology or remote sensing, with at least 3 year’s experience in the field of scientific computing.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: July 2014
Closing date: 14 April 2014
The Key Person will be part of the HSIRL2 team. This team is responsible for the scientific development, maintenance, validation and routine monitoring of hyper-spectral infrared atmospheric sounding products in support of the development and operations of EUMETSAT’s geostationary and polar orbiting systems. The Key Person shall contribute to the continued improvement of current operational and prototype products, considering opportunities and new requirements from the user community. He/she shall support the implementation, the evaluation and the monitoring of these algorithms.
It is expected that the tasks of the Key Person will typically include:
• Release and validation of new versions of the MTG-IRS L2 prototype
• Integration and verification of external software deliveries in the prototype processor
• Software anomaly fixing
• Code optimisation
• Development and documentation of prototype software and test procedures
• Generation of test data
• Statistical analysis and visualisation of hyper-spectral infrared Level 2 products
• Support the transfer and exchange of the expertise developed with IRS L2 to the other hyper-spectral infrared missions (IASI and IASI-NG)
• Retrieval algorithm specification, validation and tuning
• Prototype L2 monitoring facilities
Qualifications and Experience
· University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline such as computer science, mathematics, physics, astrophysics, meteorology or remote sensing;
· At least three years of experience in the field of scientific computing;
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via firstname.lastname@example.org
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
Hyperspectral Infrared Sounding L2 Engineer.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.