|From||"Pages, Gael" <Gael.Pages@btgpactual.com>|
|Date||Fri, 22 Nov 2013 08:05:56 -0000|
Job Offer : Crop Production Meteorologist intern (6 months +)
The person will be in charge of developing / maintaining crop production models, monitoring weather and realizing quantitative studies for the different traded commodities.
He will report to a senior quantitative analyst.
Starting Date: Asap (ideal being begin of 2014)
Contact Person: email@example.com
The company - BTG Pactual:
BTG Pactual is the leading Investment Bank in Latin America, with 30 years experience in Brazilian and international markets, and currently 2,500 employees spread across 12 offices in Latin American countries (Brazil, Chile, Peru and Colombia), in addition to the US, the UK and China.
Swings in agriculture production are keys for commodities markets, and are directly linked to weather. The team wants to follow and forecast it, so main tasks will be:
· Maintaining existing crop production models and quantitative studies
· Developing and implementing new models to support the Research team. Improving and challenging methodologies.
· Implementing Remote Sensing tools / studies, as the team wants to dig on these topics
· Realize on-the-job studies, depending on the market needs
· Complete adhoc projects as directed by the Head of the team
• High education in Meteorology required: MSc or PhD, with excellent quantitative knowledge (statistics, time series ...). Good knowledge of statistics and their application in weather forecasting
• Candidates will be 0-2 years of experience, recent graduates are encouraged to apply
• Fluent English is mandatory, others languages are an asset
• Strong programming / development skills. Languages used internally: VBA, Matlab
• Strong knowledge of GIS tools (Quantum GIS ...)
• Source of ideas proposals
• Communication skills with the ability to explain detailed technical information in a clear and concise manner, to a variety of audience
• Flexible and very dynamic approach with good interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects at all times
• Ability to work under pressure
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.