ERA-CLIM2 Engineer based at EUMETSAT, Darmstadt, Germany
HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality staff to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline the Candidate shall have a minimum of 3 years experience in the implementation of software for operational processing using Metop and/or Meteosat instrument data and in the validation of satellite derived products.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: January 2014
Closing date: 6 December 2013
The tasks of the Candidate will include:
- Contributions to the product and algorithm specifications for all ERA-CLIM2 data records;
- Implementation of relevant operational product processing chains in the reprocessing environment;
- Implementation of relevant operational processors for the ERA-CLIM2 products into the operational reprocessing chains;
- Development and implementation of operational functional and product quality monitoring procedures to be implemented in the reprocessing monitoring and validation system;
- Analysis of resulting product quality of ERA-CLIM2 products employing the quality monitoring procedures and other validation techniques and data as appropriate;
- Acquisition of relevant data from internal and external sources to support product quality monitoring in the reprocessing environment;
- Execution of reprocessing campaigns for all planned ERA-CLIM2 data sets;
- Preparation of ERA-CLIM2 data sets for ingestion into the EUMETSAT Data Centre;
- Compilation of relevant data set documentation including validation reports, user guides and format descriptions;
- Compilation of project result presentations and participation in project progress meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline;
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the implementation of software for operational processing using Metop and/or Meteosat instrument data and in the validation of satellite derived products
- The Candidate shall have work experience in UNIX application development and testing in C, C++ and Fortran 90/95.
- Operational product processing environments;
- Scripting languages, such as Python, Perl, Tcl/Tk, shell;
- Software build environments and tools (e.g. make, imake, debuggers, insure++);
- Analysis and graphic software such as IDL and Matlab;
- Validation of satellite products;
- EUMETSAT missions and instruments;
- Working in international projects and/or environments.
- Data bases such as MySQL and Oracle;
- Handling of large data volumes;
- Configuration control of software
- Calibration of satellite observations;
- Utilisation of satellite and climatological data sets;
- Use of satellite data in model-based re-analysis;
- Atmospheric radiative transfer;
- Inversion methods for retrieval of geophysical parameters;
- Source code control systems, such as Subversion, Rational ClearCase or CVS
- Production monitoring and reporting;
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via email@example.com
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website: