|From||"Tan, Rebecca" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Tue, 8 Oct 2013 11:59:31 +0800|
Operations Manager – Singapore Office
Fugro Global Environmental and Ocean Sciences (Fugro GEOS) is the world’s foremost provider of commercial oceanographic and meteorological forecasting, monitoring, measurement, assessment and consulting services, with offices located around the globe. The Company is part of the multi-national Fugro Group that provides a complete range of integrated geotechnical, environmental, survey and positioning services worldwide.
This position will manage the day to day operations of the weather forecasting division for the Singapore based weather forecasting unit.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:-
· Coordinate and supervise the daily operational activities of the weather forecasting division. This will include ensuring the smooth day to day operations of the division and a high level of client communication.
· Undertake the quality control of forecasts in accordance with the division’s methods and procedures to maintain the highest industry standards.
· Develop and maintain the forecasting division’s procedures in coordination with the Divisional & HSE Managers.
· Develop and maintain data collection scripts.
· Prepare work and annual leave rosters for all forecasting staff.
· Maintain statistics necessary to monitor the effectiveness of daily operations using KPIs and other methods and to ensure standards are maintained and continually improved.
· Provide back-up to the divisional manager during his absence.
· To be able to assist both in bench forecasting and at client locations.
The candidate should be self-motivated with a positive attitude and possess the following qualifications and experience;
· A minimum of 5 years, preferably 10 years, experience in providing marine weather forecaster to the Oil and Gas Industry and must include having worked offshore at clients’ sites. This experience must show extensive forecasting experience in tropical regions and have included the preparation of tropical cyclone and squall warnings.
· Proficient in developing and maintaining scripts using PERL, Windows PowerShell and be familiar in writing scripts for GrADS and using the THREDDS interface. The applicant should also have advanced knowledge of scripting for MS Excel using _vbscript_.
· A strong background in data analysis and report preparation. Past experience in Forensic Meteorology would be highly advantageous.
· Ability to work offshore from time to time and possess BOSIET certificate
· Exhibit strong personnel management.
· Have a decisive and proactive nature
· Fluent in English
Fugro GEOS offers a dynamic team-based working environment in an exciting and developing South East Asian market, as well as the long-term potential for you to develop your skills and career. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicant should provide the following information in the CV:
· Current and expected salary
· Reason for applying for this position in Fugro GEOS Pte Ltd
· Why you think you are suitable for this position?
· What can you bring to Fugro GEOS if you are selected?
For further information, please contact:
Rebecca Tan, HR Manager, +65 6885 4100, firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.