|From||Hofmann Sabrina <Sabrina.Hofmann@statkraft.de>|
|Cc||Usta-Ciftci Handan <Handan.Usta-Ciftci@statkraft.de>|
|Date||Thu, 26 Sep 2013 09:54:28 +0200|
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy and is the leading power company in Norway. The company owns, produces and develops hydropower, wind power, gas-fired power and district heating. Statkraft is a major player in European power trading and has 3600 employees in more than 20 countries
For our office in Düsseldorf we are currently looking to hire a
As part of the Norwegian state owned Statkraft Group with 3,600 employees in more than 20 countries, Statkraft Markets is the 6th largest energy producer in Germany with offices in Düsseldorf, Belgrade, Bucharest, Sofia, Lyon, Istanbul and Amsterdam. Since 1999 we have been an active trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. For us the ideas of our more than 450 committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. Share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world.
The growth of wind and solar power production capacity increases the exposure of our trading, origination and power generation business to weather. In order to cater for the growing importance of weather for our traded power and gas markets, we are looking for a meteorologist for our analysis desk.
· Evaluate and compare short-term and medium-term weather forecast models for North West Europe and UK and formulate your own opinion
· Communicate and discuss your expectations with the trading desks
· Continuous monitoring and improvement of forecasts, building meta forecasts
· Coordinate the respective meteorological needs in different departments
· Build up an internal weather database
· Master in meteorology or in a relevant subject in natural sciences
· Profound skills in short- to medium term forecasting
· Experience in operational weather forecasting, preferably in a trading environment
· Persuasive communicator, both verbally and in writing
· Solid knowledge of MS Office products, VBA programming experience
· Fluent in English, knowledge of German language would be an advantage
Please apply through our online application form on http://statkraft.easycruit.com/vacancy/1043925/69017?iso=gb
Contacts: Sabrina Hofmann (HR Business Partner)
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.