|From||"Giblin, Laura" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Thu, 18 Jul 2013 12:21:59 +0000|
Please can you advertise the following for us? Please can you send me the link when it is live?
Further information is available http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/about-us/jobs/current-vacancies/002820
Salary: Starting £29,930 and for exceptional candidates up to £35,040 + competitive benefits, including Civil Service Pension
Generic role: Senior Scientist
Profession: Science and Engineering
Permanent. Full time (Part time considered) at Wolverhampton (ADAS Ltd HQ)
Opening date for applications: 12 July 2013, 12:00
Closing date for applications: 4 August 2013
The Met Office Rural Environment Team (MORET) are based in ADAS, an environmental consultancy. MORET provides solutions for a broad range of environmental or land based projects that require a meteorological or climatological solution. We are looking to recruit a Senior Scientist to help lead the delivery of scientific output to our existing client base, grow our broad range of services and provide technical advice directly to our clients. As part of a small team, you would be expected to contribute to all aspects of our work.
The partnership between ADAS and the Met Office provides a unique and wide breadth of offer, which allows MORET to provide services that neither organisation could provide alone. Our work is varied and includes dispersion modelling of odour and ammonia, leaf fall and wind throw warnings for the transport sector, agri-environmental systems for predicting crop pests and diseases and various research projects.
The job would suit an enthusiastic, numerate and adaptable professional who has experience of and enjoys working across a broad range of climatological/meteorological projects. You will be able to demonstrate a knowledge and interest in the environment and rural issues. You will also have the ability to analyse large data sets and demonstrate the ability to master software packages quickly. Ideally you will be proficient in programming, preferably in visual basic. Able to work as part of a team, it is crucial that you are capable of building strong working relationships with both colleagues and clients.
Being part of a small team, the job will provide an exciting opportunity for innovative thinkers to see their ideas provide solutions to clients during the life cycle of the project from initiating marketing or proposal writing to contract negotiation through to the delivery of the project and client support. You will also have the opportunity to draw on the breadth of knowledge provided by both Met Office and ADAS scientists and have access to training from both organisations.
Specific job purpose
To contribute to the sales and delivery of scientific research and consultancy and to enhance the capabilities and reputation of the Met Office and ADAS by improving the quality of its services and advice to customers.
Specific job responsibilities
· To project manage and deliver scientific projects to customers across the MORET offer.
· To lead research and development to maintain and improve MORET systems, products or advice for the benefit of air quality, leaf fall and agri-environmental customers.
· To lead winning business with internal and external customers and ensuring that the MORET unique offer is widely known.
· To present and publish documentation of MORET's work internally and externally in order to communicate advice, maintain our scientific capability and to promote our reputation.
Qualifications, skills and abilities required
· Strong background in Meteorology/Climatology (2:1 honours or masters or equivalent professional experience).
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, programming skills and an aptitude to learn software packages used by the team (e.g. ADMS).
· Good working knowledge of statistical techniques.
· An understanding of and interest in agricultural and wider environmental issues.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work directly with customers and contribute to business development, sales activities and negotiation.
· Proven track record of working with GIS and databases.
· Proven track record of using dispersion modelling.
· Experience of working in a commercial consultancy.
Additional supplementary information
To be based at ADAS Wolverhampton HQ, Pendeford House, Pendeford Business Park, Wobaston Road, Wolverhampton, WV9 5AP.
Laura Giblin HR Associate
Met Office FitzRoy Road Exeter Devon EX1 3PB United Kingdom
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.