|From||Sarah Henkel <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Fri, 12 Jul 2013 16:03:52 +0200|
Full-time position for young post-docs: “Aerosol-cloud interaction in the twilight zone”
The interdisciplinary Marie-Curie Initial
Training Network (ITN) Initial
Atmospheric Remote Sensing (ITARS) is pleased to
availability of 1 Experienced Researcher (ER, 2 year)
· Research and training in an exciting European network;
· A highly competitive gross monthly allowance ranging from €6,000 to €6,500 (before all taxes and social security contributions, depending on host country and family status);
· Secondments to our industrial partners;
· Excellent career-development opportunities.
to improve the knowledge of the aerosol-cloud interactions through the investigation of the so-called “twilight zone”; to characterize physical processes occurring in the twilight zone and to establish statistical relations among key variables
Description of work:
Large parts of the atmosphere labelled as cloud-free in satellite observations can be attributed to the twilight zone. Observations from multiple sensors will be used for characterizing the physical processes occurring in the twilight zone and to establish statistical relations among key variables, like optical depth, water content, geometrical extension as well as to assess the relation between the twilight zone and the atmospheric waves. Experience on MWR potential for detecting liquid water is gained via secondment to P13. A secondment of the ER to P6 to work on the study of the Earth’s radiation balance is foreseen.
· Applicants should possess a PhD, MSc or equivalent degree in Atmospheric Physics, Meteorology, Remote sensing, Mathematics, or Geosciences. Previous knowledge of atmospheric remote sensing, instrumentation, aerosol and cloud physics is helpful.
· Applicants must fulfil the eligibility criteria according to the regulations for fellowships in the Marie Curie ITN programme:
· At the time of recruitment the researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc…) in the country of the host institute (i.e. Italy) for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment under the project.
· He/she also should have less than 5 years of research experience and possess a doctoral degree, or be in the fourth or fifth year of research experience. Research experience is measured from the date they obtained the degree which formally entitles them to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the research training was provided
· Good computer programming skills and fluency in the English language are essential.
Application Deadline: 5th of September, 2013, 12:00 noon CET
Interview Period: September 2013
Starting of Work: from November 2013 onward
Applications should be sent to email@example.com, preferably as a single pdf-document. Please state “ITARS application” and the position number ER15 in the e-mail subject line. For equality reasons we ask you not to include a photograph. Your application should contain:
· Cover letter outlining the motivation and qualification for the project position;
· Curriculum vitae (CV). Please make sure that your CV shows how you meet the Marie Curie ITN eligibility criteria for ERs described above;
· List of publications;
· Copies of university degree(s);
· Letters of reference (optional)
For scientific questions: Dr. Aldo Amodeo firstname.lastname@example.org
For organizational questions: Sarah Henkel email@example.com
-- Sarah Henkel ITaRS recruitment web: www.itars.net email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.