|From||"Simon Davidson" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:42:30 +0200|
EPS-SG INR Support Engineer based at EUMETSAT, Darmstadt, Germany
HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality staff to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a University educated engineer with a minimum of five years’ experience in system design, specifications and implementation of INR processors and/or simulators and/or mathematical models for both imager and sounder instruments including the development of INR software for operational processing of satellite meteorological data in UNIX environments
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: August 2013
Closing date: 24 May 2013
The Key Person will be integrated into the INR and Calibration Section, which provides support for the EPS-SG Programme in the area of INR and geometrical processing. The general task of the Key Person will be to support the INR aspects within the developing activities of the EPS-SG Programme. Primarily the activities have the objective to establish and maintain the knowledge needed to support the INR processing as part of the mission data processing functionality both for on-line and off-line functions. In addition, the Key Person will support and contribute to the review and refinement of the INR architecture at EPS-SG System level.
In particular the tasks may include:
• Help to develop the INR processing functionality for the mission data processing of all EPS-SG instrument missions, throughout the procurement lifecycle,
• Acquire detailed knowledge on the EPS-SG System INR architecture including dependencies and interactions between the platform and the instruments as well as between the instruments hosted on the same platform. Any incompatibilities to the EPS-SG requirement baseline need to be identified and resolved.
• Ensure that the INR processing functionality, including INR testing functionality, which is developed as part of the mission data processing is consistent with the EPS-SG System architecture and able to meet the EPS-SG requirements on geometric quality and performance. Inconsistencies and non-compliances must be flagged and mitigation measures proposed.
• Establish and implement a model of the EPS-SG INR System architecture, including of the INR estimation process, which allows verification and benchmarking of the INR approach selected by industrial contractors for the instrument mission data processing.
• Develop, maintain, and procure (a) INR related test tools and software including INR reference processor software and (b) INR related test datasets that are necessary for the testing and verification of the EPS-SG requirements baseline.
• Ensure a proper knowledge transfer of all INR aspects from industry to EUMETSAT is implemented in order to ensure long-term maintainability of the pre-operational or operational software;
• Define, develop and maintain INR related processing functionality requirements and specifications. Monitor the evolution of the requirements and the applicability of their versions to developed or procured items;
• Prepare documents to support tender actions in the area of INR data processing, and, potentially, evaluate responses to them;
• Support studies and Instrument Functional Chain Team (IFCT) activities in the area of INR and geometrical processing.
• Monitor and support INR aspects during the GS development, including contribute to reviews, verification, and testing against appropriate versions of requirements and monitoring and advising on the resolution of deviations;
• Support system engineering activities related to INR, including reviews, working with the EPS-SG System and EPS-SG Ground Segment teams, and the EPS-SG Science team;
• Support interactions related to INR with the Space Segment, including supporting the review, and/or analysis, of INR-related documentation;
• Any other tasks deemed appropriate by the technical officer in support of the overall aim of the tasks above.
In the performance of these tasks, the Key Person shall comply with the applicable rules of the EUMETSAT Directory of Instructions (DI) and the EUMETSAT Management System (EMS), the applicable organisational and divisional management standards, and also with the relevant working practices and procedures as well as the organisational and divisional documentation management procedures. The set of applicable rules and working practice to be applied during the execution of the work will be made available at start of the duties in EUMETSAT.
Qualifications and Experience
· Expert level on Image Navigation and Registration (INR) methodologies and techniques, including observable processing, Line-of-Sight (LOS) modelling, geolocation, and state vector estimation for three-axis stabilised satellites (preferably in low Earth orbit);
· Specification, development, and testing of INR processor software for three-axis stabilised platforms;
· Integration, Verification and Validation of INR processing sub-systems for satellite meteorological or remote sensing data;
· Proficiency in a high-level programming language (e.g. C/C++) suitable for the implementation of prototype and operational INR processor software.
· Relevant experiences with characterisation and modelling of space segment elements related to INR e.g. scan mirror and line of sight models (experience with three-axis stabilised is considered a clear advantage).
· Familiarity with mission data processing of satellite-borne instruments (knowledge of EPS and EPS-SG instrument being an advantage), in particular in relation to INR, geolocation, and geometrical processing.
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via firstname.lastname@example.org
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
+44 7921 212785
EPS-SG INR Support Engineer.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.