|From||"Simon Davidson" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Fri, 5 Apr 2013 10:04:15 +0200|
HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality staff to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a University educated engineer in remote sensing, meteorology, oceanography, physics, or equivalent, with at least 3 years experience in the field of remote sensing.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: August 2013
Closing date: 10 May 2013
The Candidate will work within Remote Sensing and Products (RSP) Division of the Technical and Scientific Support (TSS) Department and will provide support as a member of the Image Navigation, Registration and Calibration Team, interfacing with in-house experts of various disciplines (system, instruments, operations, science), and in particular members of the EPS-SG Science Team as well as industrial partners. His/Hers responsibilities will primarily cover the development of calibration algorithms for the MWI and ICI missions.
The tasks of the Candidate will include:
• Development of algorithms for calibration and navigation of MWI and ICI level 0 data to generate level 1a and 1b datasets
• Development of prototype software code for the purposes of testing and verificationof the algorithms developed;
• Development of a performance model based on specifications to be provided by industry;
• Generation of test data required for the verification of the algorithm and products;
• Contributing to documentation including Algorithm Theoretical Basis Documents, test data descriptions,, Product Generation and product Content Specifications, technical reports, etc;
• Interfacing with experts across EUMETSAT and with expert groups and the wider scientific community outside EUMETSAT as needed.
• Providing support to the development of Calibration/Validation activities.
In addition the Candidate will provide support to:
• Assessment of results from scientific studies as needed
• Participation in reviews.
The tasks will evolve as the EPS-SG specifications mature in the coming years.
Qualifications and Experience
· University degree in meteorology atmospheric physics, remote sensing, instrument engineering or equivalent
· A minimum of three year’s experience in the field of remote sensing.
· Experience in atmospheric remote sensing in the microwave spectrum
· Experience in radiative transfer,
· In-depth understanding of instrument calibration and characterisation
· Familiarity with Earth observation systems (remote sensing and in situ systems)
· Handling and processing of remote sensing data,
· Good writing skills in preparing scientific/technical documents,
· Very good skills in a higher programming language (e.g. Fortran, C++).
· Experience with sub-millimetre wave radiometry
· Quality control of satellite data and products;
· Operational product processing environments
· Familiarity with ground processing activities;
· Experience in visualisation tools, such as IDL or MATLAB;
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via firstname.lastname@example.org
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.