|Date||Thu, 28 Mar 2013 14:13:53 -0000|
To whom it may concern,
Please find below our Industrial Placement opportunity, to be posted on your vacancy board.
Job Title: Assistant Engineer - Energy And Development Services (Industrial Placement)
Job Reference: EUR/21/238
GL Garrad Hassan is the world's largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for renewable energy. We are the recognised global authority on onshore and offshore wind power and also serve the wave, tidal and solar sectors.
This role with equip you with practical work experience relevant to your degree and professional skills that will set you up for your career after university.
The primary focus of this role is to support engineers undertaking technical analysis of onshore and offshore wind farms at the pre-construction stage of development. Applying mathematical models and techniques, this role will involve working on various aspects of an assessment to help produce detailed results for clients to enable them to decide upon the feasibility of developing the site as a wind farm.
This is an opportunity for you to add real value to your degree working alongside our team of experts.
Main responsibilities may include:
· Wind data processing and quality checking, correlation analysis, wind flow and wake modelling, and statistical analysis
· Create figures and maps to contribute to detailed reports
· All of the above work will be undertaking following Energy and Development Services Group best practice analytical techniques.
· Participate in R&D projects as and when required.
· Any other duties as directed by line management.
To be successful in this role, and our business, you will need to demonstrate the following qualification, professional expertise and personal attributes:
Technical / Professional Expertise
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
· A predicted minimum of a 2.1 degree in an engineering, physics, atmospheric science or mathematics field or equivalent
· Aptitude for statistical analysis of data
· Ability to write and compose clear and accurate reports
· Exposure and familiarity with wind energy industry software and measurement techniques
· Fluency in other languages
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Flexible approach with ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
· Strong initiative and drive for high achievement
· Effective organisational and time management skills
· Ability to work in a pressured consultancy environment
How to apply
Close date for applications is 1st April 2013.
Preferred start date of June/July 2013. Some flexibility may be offered to the successful candidate.
NOTE: GL Garrad Hassan offers Industrial placements to students as part of a 'sandwich' course where a year in industry is required. The length of placement we offer varies and is usually for a period of twelve months, with the minimum being nine months. This length of time is found to be beneficial both the individual and GL Garrad Hassan to enable the maximum benefit to be obtained from the placement. Please note that these roles are not intended for people who have completed study and are looking for full-time permanent employment.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.