HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality staff to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, the Candidate shall have a minimum of 3 years experience of the development and implementation of software for operational processing of satellite or meteorological data.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: May 2013
Closing date: 11 March 2013
The tasks of the Candidate will include:
- update, maintenance and verification of an operational processor for multi-sensor satellite retrievals of aerosol optical properties from Metop data based on pre-existing proto-type versions and /or processor specifications;
- integrating the operational processor into the operational product processing chain of the EPS ground segment;
- developing operational continuous functional, performance and quality monitoring processes to be implemented in the EPS operational monitoring system;
- deriving relevant data from internal and external sources to support product quality monitoring in the EPS operational monitoring system;
- performing off-line analysis of processor performance and product quality;
- supporting the validation of aerosol products from EPS and the compilation of the relevant product validation reports.
- contributing to the update of the product specification and algorithm specification for multi-sensor satellite retrievals of aerosol optical properties from Metop;
- reporting anomalies in aerosol product services, contribute to their diagnosis and track their resolution;
Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- A minimum of 3 years experience of the development and implementation of software for operational processing of satellite or meteorological data
- 3 years work experience in UNIX application development and testing in C and C++.
- Quality control of satellite data and products,
- Operational product processing environments
- Software build environments and tools (e.g. make, imake, eclipse, insure++);
- Source code control system, (e.g. Subversion or CVS);
- Experience and skills in working in projects and environments characterised by a diversity of stakeholders.;
Experience in scientific processing in general and the Fortran programming language would be a distinct advantage.
- Inverse modelling of atmospheric composition using (vector) radiative transfer models
- Aerosol optical properties retrieval from satellite data;
- Calibration and validation of satellite products;
- Knowledge of the EPS missions and instruments.
- Java programming;
- Experience with Scripting languages e.g. Python, Perl, Tcl/Tk, shell;
- Production monitoring and reporting
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via firstname.lastname@example.org
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
+44 7921 212785