|Date||Tue, 29 Jan 2013 18:09:42 -0000|
To whom it may concern,
We would like to post the following vacancy with our company GL Garrad Hassan for a student looking for an Industrial Placement within industry.
The HR Team
Operational Wind Farm Engineer (Industrial Placement)
Reference: EUR/21/232 (Technical)
Location: Europe - Bristol – UK
GL Garrad Hassan is the world's largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for renewable energy. We are the recognised global authority on onshore and offshore wind power and also serve the wave, tidal and solar sectors.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for an industrial placement to add real value to their engineering, physics or mathematics qualification.
GL Garrad Hassan offers Industrial placements to students as part of a ‘sandwich’ course where a year in industry is required. The length of placement we offer varies and is usually for a period of twelve months, with the minimum being nine months. This length of time is found to be beneficial both the individual and GL Garrad Hassan to enable the maximum benefit to be obtained from the placement.
The primary focus of this role is to undertake technical analyses of onshore wind farms during the operational phase. This will involve assessment of SCADA and other wind farm data and writing high quality reports for clients to enable them to understand and then optimise the performance of a wind farm.
Working within the Asset Management and Optimisation Services (AMOS) team you will be a part of the overall team directive that ensures we provide quality assessments of the performance of operational wind farms using a wide variety of sophisticated data analysis tools and techniques.
The role will allow you to be involved in the following:
· Analysis of operational wind farm data to assess performance, diagnose faults and derive long-term production forecasts
· Monitor the performance of operating wind farms for owners and lenders
· To visit sites, inspect wind farms, turbines and measuring equipment and meet with operations and maintenance staff to discuss operational issues
· And provide input into other projects that the team are involved with
· Working alongside our team you will get training, along with skills and knowledge from working on our projects.
It is essential that you have:
· Been studying for a degree in engineering, physics or mathematics field
· Prediction of achieving a 2.1 degree classification or above
· The ability to write clear and accurate reports in English
It would be highly desirable if you could show the following:
· Previous experience of analysing and interpreting large data sets, such as SCADA data
· An interest in and aptitude for programming and databases
· Previous work or other experience that demonstrates the required skills
The type of person that we are looking for will have:
· Good organisational skills and ability to work in a pressurised consultancy environment to deliver high quality work
· Good communication skills
· Show a willingness to develop and enjoy taking on challenges and responsibilities
· Knowledge of the wind energy industry and an interest in renewable energy
Please go to this link for an application form: http://careers.gl-garradhassan.com/docs/external-application-form-gl-garrad-hassan.pdf. Once complete, this along with a current CV can be sent to email@example.com.
Applications for this Industrial Placement close on 15th February 2013.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.