|From||Torsten Sachs <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Tue, 15 Jan 2013 18:15:10 +0100|
Dear all, |
We offer positions for
2 PhD students (m/f)
Vacancy No. 72/4/11 D
within the newly established Helmholtz Young Investigators Group TEAM focusing on land-atmosphere interactions and the exchange of CO2 and CH4 on multiple spatial scales at study sites in the circumpolar north (Alaska, Canada, Siberia) and NE Germany.
We are a young and active team within a multi-disciplinary, collaborative research environment with excellent research infrastructure and support and look for motivated, creative, and proactive candidates to join our growing lab.
• PhD 1: Collection, quality control, analysis and interpretation of tower-based eddy covariance data from wetlands and lakes in NE Germany and Siberia in terms of relevant ecosystem processes, temporal variability, model development
• PhD 2: Integration of a fast CH4 analyzer into the helicopter borne measurement system “Helipod”; collection, quality control, analysis and interpretation of airborne eddy covariance data from NE German and Arctic permafrost landscapes in terms of relevant processes, spatial variability, model development
• Development of scaling approaches between tower-based and airborne measurements
• Master/equivalent degree in atmospheric/environmental science/engineering, physics, geoecology, related field
• Proficiency in Matlab, R, or advanced programming languages
• Experience with the eddy covariance method and time series analysis is beneficial
• Fluency in English (written and spoken), excellent team working skills
Duration: 3 years, starting as soon as possible
Salary: 67-75% EG 13 TVöD-O depending on experience (2500-2900 €/month)
Information: Dr. Torsten Sachs (email@example.com)
The GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences (http://www.gfz-potsdam.de) is a member of the Helmholtz Association and the national Research Centre for Geosciences in Germany with more than 1000 employees. It is located on a historical scientific campus near the centre of Potsdam (~160,000 inhabitants) known for its splendid baroque architecture, its preserved palaces and gardens as well as a scientific environment unparalleled in all of Germany. Potsdam stretches along the banks of the Havel River and surrounding lakes but is only a few minutes away from Berlin and its vibrant cultural scene.
We particularly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. A kindergarten is available on campus. Handicapped applicants with equal qualification will be given preference.
Please address your applications including the code above, a detailed CV, names and e-mail addresses of two references and a short outline of your own research interests and skills to:
- Personal- und Sozialwesen -
Please exclusively email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
-- Dr. Torsten Sachs Helmholtz Young Investigators Group TEAM Trace Gas Exchange in the Earth-Atmosphere System on Multiple Scales Helmholtz Centre Potsdam GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences Building B, Room 123 Phone: +49 (0)331 288-1423 FAX: +49 (0)331 288-1474 http://www.gfz-potsdam.de/staff/sec42/torsten.sachs _____________________________________________________ Public Law Foundation, State of Brandenburg Telegrafenberg, 14473 Potsdam, Germany
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.