|From||"Freese, Katja" <Katja.Freese@wsv.bund.de>|
|Date||Wed, 9 Jan 2013 15:31:02 +0100|
Referenzcode der Ausschreibung 20120190_9334
starting on 1. April 2013 to be filled as a temporary position until 30.09.2015 within the HD(CP)2 project.
The HD(CP)2 project
(high definition clouds and precipitation for climate prediction) aims to
improve precipitation forecasts and to reduce uncertainty in climate
simulations. The entire project comprises in total about 50 positions within
The S5 part of HD(CP)2 done by this and a second position focuses on “model uncertainty for partially resolved clouds and precipitation”. This work will benefit from ICON-LEM simulations to be used to determine uncertainties in the ICON model used at climate resolutions. These uncertainty estimates will then also be used in an ensemble forecast framework.
The job description includes the following activities:
· Setup of ICON as an idealized regional model at resolutions of 2-20km
· Comparison of ICON and LEM simulations, run on the same setup
· Development of diagnostics on clouds and precipitation
· Extension of ICON-vs-LEM comparisons to complex realistic conditions
· Documentation of procedures and results, including presentation at internal and external meetings and in scientific journals
Necessary requirements for the candidates are:
· Scientific studies with a master degree or diploma, preferably in meteorology, mathematics or physics
· Confident knowledge of English (Level B2 CEFR) in written and oral form
· Basic knowledge of German (Level A2 CEFR) in written and oral form
Further essential experiences:
· Solid knowledge in the field of general meteorology
· Knowledge in the field of meteorological research and development
· Knowledge in ensemble methods in numerical weather prediction
· Knowledge in the parameterization of physical processes
· Knowledge in stochastic physics
· Knowledge and experiences in analysis and visualization of complex and extensive datasets
· Knowledge and experiences with programming languages, e.g. FORTRAN or C, and UNIX
· Practical experiences with large-eddy models
· Practical experiences with weather and climate models
· Ability to think and act conceptually and target-oriented
· Motivation and initiative
· Skills in communication and cooperation (nationally and internationally)
· Creativity and ability to innovate
· Quick perception and motivation to learn
· Skills in the presentation of scientific results (orally and written)
· Ability to transfer complex theoretical approaches into practical methods
Experience in international collaboration is advantageous.
The post is rated according to EG 13 TvöD (see http://oeffentlicher-dienst.info/tvoed/bund/). The assignment of levels will be carried out according to personal experiences.
The Deutsche Wetterdienst supports work-family-balance and has been certified accordingly. Further information is available at: www.beruf-und-familie.de.
Part-time assignment is possible.
Women with equivalent skills and experiences will be given preference according to the law about equal opportunities.
Seriously disabled applicants with equal competences will be given preference. Only a minimum of physical ability is needed.
If your interests have been aroused, please apply until 18.01.2013 via the Electronic Application Process on the website http://jobboerse.bmvbs.de.
Under the heading “Zugang für Bewerber/innen zum Elektronischen Bewerbungsverfahren EBV”, you have the option to apply under “Bewerbung mittels Referenzcode”.
Here you can enter in the course of your application the referenz code 20120190_9334.
Please download later in high your complete application documents (CV, master/diploma certificate) as an attachment in your candidate profile.
In addition, you maintain your candidate profile please see "Ausbildung/Abschlüsse" your graduation, under "Berufserfahrung" your employer and under "Sprachen" your German and English language skills.
For administrative help please feel free to contact Frau Isabel Seeber, Tel.: +49 69/8062-4256.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.