|From||Olaf Morgenstern <Olaf.Morgenstern@niwa.co.nz>|
|Date||Fri, 26 Oct 2012 22:40:17 +0000|
Measurement Scientist - Atmospheric Chemistry – Lauder, New Zealand
NIWA is New Zealand's leading environmental research institute and key provider of atmospheric, freshwater and marine research and consultancy services in New Zealand.
We have an exciting position at Lauder for a scientist to contribute to research on atmospheric chemistry and radiation as part of the Atmospheric Centre. The Lauder Research Laboratory is renowned for its clear skies and clean air. You will be conducting systematic atmospheric composition and radiation measurements under international protocols such as the NDACC, and perform data analysis and interpretation. Your measurements will inform climate-chemistry modelling, contributing to international efforts to predict future climate change. You will be focused on atmospheric composition measurement and data analysis, to obtain the highest quality internationally recognised data sets at our sites at Lauder and Arrival Heights (Antarctica). The position will entail some domestic and international travel. With a recognised PhD in atmospheric chemistry or physics, with strengths in instrumentation and/or engineering design or related fields, you will have:
· -Strong knowledge of the current state-of-the-art measurement methods, with a focus on optical techniques, and the ability to develop and adapt new techniques as priorities change
· -Knowledge and skills to ensure the reliability and quality of measurements, and the interpretation of their variation and significance for future atmospheric and climate change research
· -Experience with Fourier Transform Spectrometers an advantage
· -Experience leading and managing small to medium-sized projects
· -Proven ability to write reports and to publish scientific papers in international, peer-reviewed journals
· -Capability for proposing and securing research funding
As a good team player, you will enjoy working with the Lauder group and with teams across NIWA's other sites, communicating positively and productively with a wide range of staff. You will also collaborate with international colleagues. You will be self-motivated and results orientated, conscientious and well organised, with a keen eye for detail. You will also have good interpersonal skills, adaptable and committed to on-going professional development. You will enjoy living in a rural New Zealand environment.
Lauder is located in the scenic South Island of New Zealand. Its surroundings offer great recreational potential, including major lakes and the skiing hub Queenstown.
The closing date for applications is 30 November 2012.
For more information and contact details, see http://careers.niwa.co.nz
Please consider the environment before printing this email.
NIWA is the trading name of the National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research Ltd.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.