|From||"Kimberley Zuill (Intranet)" <kzuill@BAS-Serco.bm>|
|Cc||"James Dodgson \(Intranet\)" <jdodgson@BAS-Serco.bm>, Athena Williams <email@example.com>|
|Date||Tue, 23 Oct 2012 10:57:51 -0300|
BAS-Serco Ltd., a Bermudian joint venture company offering facilities management and general outsourcing services, is seeking an intelligent, motivated individual who is a certified Meteorological Forecaster, to join the Bermuda Weather Service. The successful applicant will join our team of dedicated professionals, monitoring the weather, producing forecasts and warnings for aviation, marine interests and the general public.
The successful Meteorological Forecaster candidate will:
· be a qualified Meteorologist, will:
· either a) hold a recognized Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics or Science (ideally Meteorology) with three years forecasting experience in an operational environment or b) have ten-years forecasting experience in an operational environment
· be certified as having completed aeronautical forecaster training, approved by the World Meteorological Organization
· be willing to attend in-house and overseas training courses and have a strong desire to improve skills and knowledge;
· be willing to work rotating 12 hour shifts, weekends & public holidays;
· demonstrate excellent presentation skills including a high degree of oral and written communication;
· have a strong sense of loyalty, motivation, dedication and a high degree of commitment
· be able to balance team work with the ability to work as an independent forecaster
· be able to make rapid and effective decisions in reaction to changing weather patterns
· react calmly during periods of high operational workload and be able to prioritise effectively
· be able to deal comfortably with clients at all levels, including the general public, the media, police and emergency services.
The successful applicant will join our team of dedicated professionals, monitoring the weather, producing forecasts and warnings for aviation, marine interests and the general public. Experience within the Bermuda Weather Service would be a desirable asset.
In return, the company offers an attractive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in a position, please send a résumé, under a covering letter highlighting how you match our criteria,
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Subject line, please type: 2012 Forecaster Position
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Closing date: 9 November 2012.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.