|From||"Renee Stevenson" <Renee.Stevenson@gl-garradhassan.com>|
|Date||Fri, 27 Jul 2012 16:09:39 +0100|
WindFarmer Scientific Programmer Vacancy
Location: Ideally Bristol based
GL Garrad Hassan is the world's largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for renewable energy. We are the recognised global authority on onshore and offshore wind power and also serve the wave, tidal and solar sectors.
Are you someone with a science or engineering-related degree who is just that extra bit savvy with computers? Focussing on our WindFarmer software you will be able to acquire and apply a wide range of interdisciplinary engineering and scientific skills within this excellent job opportunity.
Take the opportunity to become deeply involved in wind farm engineering. You could be assisting in exploring questions relevant to wind farm design, writing specifications, implementing prototype software, and support testing and implementation of software.
This would be an ideal for a qualified graduate or junior engineer who enjoys working with software and the challenges that it can bring.
Essential that you have the following:
· An minimum of 2.1 BSc in physics, meteorology, aeronautical engineering or related science discipline
· An interest in renewable energy and environmental issues
· Highly computer literate
· Algorithmic problem solving skills
· Advanced knowledge of at least one higher programming language
· Ability to write and compose clear and accurate reports in English
· Experience within computational physics
· Programming experience within Matlab, C#, C++
· Experience of operating within an agile software development environment
· Knowledge in hydrodynamics, wind flow modelling, geographical information systems or other topics relevant to wind farm design
We are looking for the type of person that would enjoy working, and learning, alongside a diverse group of people, as this team has members throughout the globe. As such, any additional languages would be a welcome addition to our growing team.
If you believe you met the requirements for success in this role and are looking for an opportunity such as this then please go to http://careers.gl-garradhassan.com for more information and an application form.
Applications close: 13th August.
GL Garrad Hassan.
St Vincent's Works, Silverthorne Lane, Bristol, BS2 0QD, UK
Tel: +44 (0)117 972 9900 / Fax: +44 (0)117 972 9901 / Direct: +44 (0) 117 972 9872
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.