|From||Peter Clarke <Peter.Clarke@comcast.net>|
|Date||Mon, 16 Jul 2012 18:33:40 -0600|
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.
We are looking to further enhance our team by adding a
OPS Dissemination Software and Systems Engineering Support
You will be based initially for 3 years at our client’s headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany. Extension of a further 2 years may be possible. In this large European Agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
The Consultant shall provide support to the development, maintenance and configuration of the cross program dissemination software, with a strong focus on the dissemination services provided via Internet.
The duties range from gathering the software requirements, designing, implementing and configuring the Client-developed dissemination software and the related commercial of-the-shelf software (COTS) throughout the entire software life cycle and supporting the evolution of such systems to accommodate the needs of future missions.
Furthermore, a strong focus is put on the support to testing activities, technical interfacing with customers, documentation and training to operations controllers. This includes the setting-up and implementation of maintenance policies and procedures, the support to the procurement of hardware and software, and the technical co-ordination with external providers of maintenance services.
The Consultant shall perform the following tasks:
· Design, implementation and testing of software corrections, improvements and evolution of the dissemination functions and their evolution with a strong focus on the elements related to Internet service provision. This requires the analysis of user requirements, the specification, the implementation and the generation and maintenance of technical documentation;
· Configuration management, release preparation and deployment of software corrections;
· Support the delivery of software externally developed, its installation, configuration and acceptance testing;
· Investigation into anomalies, their documentation and classification. Follow up of the delivery of S/W corrections and where relevant the associated testing.
· Participation in technical meetings and formal reviews.
· Analysis of operational and maintenance requirements and the identification, procurement or implementation of the tools to fulfil them;
· Preparing, validating and maintenance of ground segment maintenance and operational procedures and technical documentation;
· Support the operation of the system facilities, by monitoring the performance and, in case of anomalies, identifying and applying appropriate first-line corrective actions. This task requires the provision of stand-by and call-out support outside of normal working hours;
· Investigations into system anomalies that impact on the data dissemination services and provide corrective actions;
· Preparation and production of routine reports as necessary
In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, the Consultant shall have at least 5 years experience of medium to large scale software development and maintenance in operational highly available near-real-time systems and be very familiar with web technologies.
Knowledge and experience of the following is mandatory:
· Experience of 24/7 operations and the maintenance of medium to large scale software systems;
· Experience in the provision of highly available, near-real-time data and web services;
· Expert knowledge in Java, C++ and UNIX operating system scripting languages;
· XML, XML Schema and XSLT technologies;
· Development of Java based graphical interfaces;
· Data base application programming using JDBC;
· Application level expertise of ORACLE and MySQL;
· In depth knowledge of the development and maintenance of web interfaces and services using Tomcat and Apache Web Server in a UNIX environment;
· SSO (OpenSSO), WS-Security, WS-Trust;
· Web Services (Apache CXF, Axis2);
· Apache Tomcat
· The ability to obtain a full system overview in the area of responsibility;
· Very good communication, presentation and team working skills combined with the ability to perform under high workloads;
Practical knowledge of as many as possible of the following will be an advantage:
· Application-level load balancing techniques;
· Writing of formal technical documentation
· Graphical visualisation and preparation of animations of satellite imagery or meteorological products in WMO formats such as GRIB and BUFR
· Source Code control system (SubVersion);
· Configuration Control;
· Formalised Software Testing;
· Tool-based Software design UML2 (e.g. Enterprise Architect);
The variety of the tasks and the scope of the systems to be supported require a high degree of autonomy and good analytical skills.
Fluency in English is mandatory and a working knowledge of French would be an advantage, together with good communication skills.
For more detailed information about MOLTEK go to:
-- Best Regards Peter Clarke MOLTEK mail: Clarke@moltek.net cell: +1 970-376-3831
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.