|From||Peter Clarke <Peter.Clarke@comcast.net>|
|Date||Mon, 16 Jul 2012 18:31:22 -0600|
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.
We are looking to further enhance our team by adding a
OPS Dissemination Software and Systems Engineering Support
You will be based initially for 3 years at our client’s headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany. Extension of a further 2 years may be possible. In this large European Agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
The Consultant shall provide support for the development, maintenance and configuration of the multi-mission dissemination and the related user management software, with a strong focus on the implementation and maintenance of the operational data flows.
The duties range from gathering the software requirements, designing, implementing and configuring the Client-developed dissemination software and the related commercial of-the-shelf software (COTS) throughout the entire software life cycle and supporting the evolution of such systems to accommodate the needs of future missions.
Furthermore, a strong focus is put on supporting testing activities, interfacing with technical customers, generating documentation and providing training to the operations controllers. This includes the setting-up and implementation of maintenance policies and procedures, the support for the procurement of hardware and software, and the technical co-ordination with external providers of maintenance services.
The Consultant shall perform the following tasks:
· Design, implementation and testing of software corrections, improvements and evolution of the dissemination functions with a strong focus on the elements related to the operational data flows. This requires the analysis of user requirements, the specification, the implementation and the generation and maintenance of the associated technical documentation;
· Configuration management, release preparation and deployment of software corrections;
· Supporting the delivery of externally developed software, its installation, configuration and testing;
· Investigation into anomalies, their documentation and classification. Follow up of the delivery of S/W corrections and where relevant the associated testing.
· Participation in technical meetings and formal reviews.
· Analysis of operational and maintenance requirements and the identification, procurement or implementation of the tools to fulfil them;
· Preparing, validating and maintaining the ground segment maintenance and operational procedures and technical documentation including the relevant interface control documents;
· Supporting the operation of the system facilities, by monitoring the performance and, in case of anomalies, identifying and applying appropriate first-line corrective actions. This task requires the provision of stand-by and call-out support outside of normal working hours;
· Ensuring that adequate monitoring and control is provided to support the end-to-end monitoring of all dissemination services. This includes the development, implementation and maintenance of the application and process level monitoring and control functions;
· Reviewing software and providing guidance on software development standards and practices;
· Preparing and generating routine reports as necessary
In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, the Consultant shall have at least 5 years experience of medium to large scale software development and maintenance in an operational highly-available near-real-time environment and be very familiar with data transfer technologies.
The following experience, knowledge and skills are mandatory:
· Experience of 24/7 operations and the maintenance of medium to large scale software systems;
· Experience in the provision of highly-available, near-real-time data services and data transfer technologies;
· Expert knowledge of Java, XML/HTML and Perl;
· In-depth knowledge of the shell scripting languages bash, csh, and ksh;
· In-depth knowledge of application-level and process-level scheduling mechanisms and functions for monitoring and control;
· Experience in developing multi-threaded Java applications and services;
· Experience in developing distributed web-based applications using J2EE under Tomcat and the Apache Web Server;
· Experience in developing SOAP-based web services;
· Experience in developing Java-based graphical user interfaces using Swing and GWT;
· Experience in developing database applications using JDBC;
· The ability to maintain a full system overview in the area of responsibility;
· Very good communication, presentation and team working skills combined with the ability to perform under high workloads.
Practical knowledge of as many as possible of the following will be an advantage:
· Experience in developing for the Solaris, AIX, Linux and Windows platforms;
· Experience in a source code control system, preferably SubVersion;
· Experience in working within a configuration controlled environment;
· Experience in formal software testing, preferably using JUnit
· Java messaging technologies (e.g. JMX);
· Data encryption/decryption methodologies;
· Application-level expertise in ORACLE/SQL and MySQL;
· Application-level load balancing techniques;
· Virus scanning tools and methodologies;
· C/C++ programming;
· Experience in the specifics of dissemination via the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) networks such as RMDCN and GTS;
· Writing of formal technical documentation including interface control documents.
Fluency in English is mandatory and a working knowledge of French would be an advantage, together with good communication skills.
For more detailed information about MOLTEK go to:
Contact: Pete Clarke
-- Best Regards Peter Clarke MOLTEK mail: Clarke@moltek.net cell: +1 970-376-3831
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.