|From||"Huthwelker Thomas" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:46:03 +0100|
The Paul Scherrer Institute is with 1400 employees the largest research centre for the natural and engineering sciences in Switzerland and a worldwide leading user laboratory. Its research activities are concentrated on the main topics structure of matter, energy and environmental research as well as human health.
For the group ‘in-situ Spectroscopy for Environmental Sciences' we are looking for a
1. Postdoctoral Fellow
for studies of phase transitions and nucleation processes
2. Your tasks
· Development and operation of an experiment for in-situ studies at the PHOENIX beamline at the Swiss Light Source (SLS)
· Performance of experiments related to the topic of phase transitions and nucleation using X-ray spectroscopy
· Analysis of experimental data
· Presentation of scientific results at international conferences
· Publication of scientific results in international journals
· Scientific collaboration with users of the PHOENIX beamline
· User support at the PHOENIX beamline
3. Your profile
As a flexible team member you are able to work on different projects. You have finished your PhD in chemistry or physics and have experience with synchrotron based X-ray spectroscopy. A good command of various software tools enables you to analyze X-ray absorption spectra readily. You have active interest in experimental work with good practical skills and enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team. Your broad knowledge in physical chemistry, thermodynamics, phase diagrams and nucleation processes is a valuable asset to understand the results of complex in situ experiments. Good communication skills in both German and English are required.
For further information please contact Dr Thomas Huthwelker, phone +41 56 310 53 14.
Please submit your application online (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 6411-00) http://www.psi.ch/pa/offenestellen/0293-1
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources, Elke Baumann, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.