HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality staff to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a University educated engineer who shall have experience of interface definition, data modelling, format representation, test data handling, software/script/template development and integration activities.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: As soon as Feasible
Closing date: 27 April 2012
The Candidate will be integrated into the System Architecture team of the MTG System Engineering team. The general task of the Candidate will be to provide support to production of the system ICDs, data modelling and format definitions, handling of the related test datasets and system integration / verification at EUMETSAT.
In particular the tasks will include:
- Support to the definition and maintenance of System interfaces (Space to ground, GS external interfaces, system test tools interfaces) ensuring consistency in description approach, terminology, etc;
- Use of tools for definition of ICDs and data formats (e.g. BEST) and development/maintenance of tools for test data generation/formatting/visualisation;
- Participation in the Instrument Functional Chain Engineering (IFCE) group as the interface and format technical expert;
- Technical assistance to other MTG teams on test data needed for the interface verification for the System, Ground Segment and Facilities (e.g. reformatting);
- Support to the production and maintenance of test datasets, including use or development of any necessary support tools/scripts;
- Support to the production of work practices and configuration control of documentation, tools and test datasets;
- Support and expertise on the infrastructure for the maintenance of a test data register giving the characteristics of each type of test dataset available;
- Support to following-up the development of the System test tools procured by the space segment;
- Support Integration, Verification &Validation (IV&V) activities including preparation of IV&V plans.
- The Candidate is also expected to liaise with the MTG GS Interfaces engineer in order to ensure consistency and coherency of the specification of the System interfaces with the GS interfaces.
Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline;
- Experience of interface definition, data modelling, format representation, test data handling, software/script/template development and integration activities.
· Production and maintenance of structured Interface Control Documentation, including reviews, testing and verification.
· Test data and test case management versus requirements and ICDs specification
· Handling of complex data structures
· Use of tools, methods and process in support of above
- Global standards for data formatting, e.g.
- NetCDF-4, HDF-5, BUFR, GRIB
- Standards for data format representation (e.g. CCSDS, ISO)
- Generation, transformation or visualisation of complex/structured test data
- The ability to obtain a full system overview in the area of responsibility;
- Very good communication, presentation and listening skills;
- The ability to work as a trusted member of an extended team with diverse areas of interest;
- Experience of instrument and scientific data usage and processing;
- The ability to perform under high workloads;
- The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment;
- A high degree of autonomy and good analytical skills;
- Development, testing, integration, verification of interfaces with imaging and sounding derived scientific data (from disciplines such as satellite, seismic or other);
- Tools and methods supporting the above e.g.
- Descriptive languages/tools (e.g. XML, HTML schema)
- Production programming languages (e.g., C++, Java)
- Prototyping tools (e.g., Python, IDL/PV-Wave)
- Data modelling / format definition tools (e.g. BEST)
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via email@example.com
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website: